First day of school
The first day of school for most of our students is Wednesday, September 9. Middle school 8th graders and high school 10th-12th graders will start school on Thursday, September 10. Please contact your child’s school if you are unsure of your child’s start date and time. Note - Our district’s Transportation Department will be sending school buses out throughout the day on Tuesday, September 8 to test routes and schedules so that things run smoothly on the first day of school. Do not be alarmed - these buses will only be doing test runs.
Elementary, middle and high school offices have reopened.
School calendars & start/end times
- The district's Family Access/Skyward system is currently open for viewing transportation schedules/routes and food service information only.
- Beginning at 6 p.m. on Thursday, September 3, the district’s Family Access/Skyward system will be open for viewing transportation schedules/routes, teacher assignments, student schedules, food service information and other important information. Please note that individual teacher assignments and student schedules may be subject to change up to the first day of school. Counselors will be addressing individual schedule issues with individual students on the first day of school.
- Unsure of your Family Access/Skyward login or password? Parents may pick-up Family Access/Skyward system usernames and passwords at their child's school during school office hours. Please bring photo identification.
- For those students and families with smartphones - Download the Skyward Mobile Access app to help make access to the system on your mobile device just a touch away!
- Individual student bus routes and schedules can be accessed through Family Access/Skyward under the Student Info tab. Please continue to check back daily as student schedules and routes may be added and/or adjusted up until the start of school on September 9. (Note – Bus route and schedule information is only available under the full Family Access/Skyward site, not through the mobile app.)
- Step 1 - In Skyward/Family Access on each student's profile is a Student Info tab from left menu.
- Step 2 - In the Student Info tab will be a web link that says "View Bus Schedule." (It is located just below the student's address and just above the birthday info.) Click the web link.
- Step 3 - The student's bus number will pop up. If you click "View Pickup Bus Stops" or "View Drop Off Bus Stops" the route numbers and times will pop open.
Beginning September 1, Chartwells will be the district's new food service provider. Together with Chartwells, the district works hard to provide students and staff with good-tasting, nutritious meals. All district schools serve hot lunch and breakfast. Free and reduced meals are available to all students who qualify.
Breakfast & lunch menus
Online meal payment
- Step-by-step pdf payment guide can be found by clicking here.
- Step 1 - Log into Family Access/Skyward and select “Food Service” from left menu. Screen with account information for your student(s) will open. Be sure you are using your parent/guardian login – using a student login gains you access to Student Access, which will not allow you to make a Food Service payment. (Note – Online meal payment information is only available under the full Family Access/Skyward site, not through the mobile app.)
- Step 2 - Select “Make A Payment.” If you have more than one student you will need to update payment amount for each student that you would like to make a payment for.
- Step 3 - Online payment entry screen will open. If you have more than one student you will be able to make payments for all of your students from this screen. Select "Update Payment Amount."
- Step 4 - Online payment entry screen will open. Enter the payment amount and then select “Update Cart” which will take you back to the online payment entry overview screen.
- Step 5 - Confirm that the payments have been updated.
- Step 6 - If total payment info is correct select “Pay with Vendor.”
- Step 7 - Shopping cart screen will show you the payments that are waiting to be processed. Select “Go to Checkout” to complete the payment process. If you have previously set-up a RevTrak account you will be asked for your account information to process the payment. If you are a first-time user, you will be asked to set up a RevTrak account.
Payment by check
If paying at your student's school, checks should be made payable to Snohomish School District. Be sure to put your child’s name in the “note” section at the bottom of the check; student number is also very helpful.
2015-2016 free and reduced price meal applications
- In the mail - Each student household in the Snohomish School District should have received an informational postcard. The postcard describes how and where to obtain a Free and Reduced Price Meal Application. Please click here to view an electronic version of the postcard.
- On the Web - The applications can be found below:
- Links - Meal applications are being sent directly to your email and will be available through Skyward/Family Access.
Please check your student’s school website for school- and grade-specific supply lists.
Meet-the-teacher and start-up dates and times
Please check your student’s school website for school-specific meet the teacher and start up events and activities.
The amended School Immunization Law requires that up-to-date completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) forms be present at school for every student. The CIS form must show proof of: (a) full immunization; (b) initiation of a schedule of immunization; or (c) a certificate of exemption. Please note that the month, day, and year are required documentation of all vaccines. If you have any questions and/or require assistance, please call your child’s school and ask to speak with your school nurse. Forms and charts that note the minimum vaccines required for attendance in the school year 2015-2016, according to the State of Washington WAC 246-100-166, and required forms can be found by clicking here.
School newsletter subscription preferences
More than 5,000 parents and staff have subscribed to our district’s Listserv communications tool. Have you? If you would like to receive district and school newsletters, please subscribe to this valuable tool. For directions on how to subscribe or change your subscription preferences (for those already signed up), please click here.
Our Mission: The Snohomish School District, in its commitment to excellence, places the success of each student at the center of all decisions and actions. Partnerships and strong academic programs ensure competent, responsible, lifelong learners.
The Snohomish School District #201 does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Special thanks to Snohomish community member Todd Elvig for providing the photos in the banner above.