Important back-to-school information for families
- 2015-2016 calendar information - Click here to view important dates for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Student transportation information - Does your child plan to ride the school bus during the 2015-2016 school year? Please click here to complete the 2015-2016 Student Transportation Input Form. One form will need to be completed for every student in your household who plans to attend a Snohomish School District School in the 2015-2016 school year.
- Bus schedules/routes -
- 2015-2016 tentative bus schedules/routes.
- Unsure of which school your child will attend? Use the SchoolSite Locator Service. Enter your address and the list of schools for that particular address will pop up:
- School supply lists - Click here to view the school supply lists for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Start-up/registration dates and times -
- 2015-2016 school start/end times - 2015-2016 school start/end times can be found here.
- New students to the Snohomish School District -
- 2015-2016 free and reduced price meal applications
- In the mail - Each student household in the Snohomish School District will receive an informational postcard by the third week of August. The postcard describes how and where to obtain a Free and Reduced Price Meal Application. Please click here to view an electronic version of the postcard.
- On the Web - The applications can be found below:
- Available August 2015 - Free & Reduced Meal Application - English
- Available August 2015 - Free & Reduced Meal Application - Spanish
- Print the appropriate application, complete it and return to your child's school. The completed forms may also be mailed to Snohomish School District, Attn: Meal Applications, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290
- Links - Meal applications are being sent directly to your email and are available through Skyward/Family Access.
- At your school or district office - Hard copies will be available at your child's school or the district office after Monday, August 24. Please note - Individual applications will be mailed to households only on request. To request an application call (360) 563-7314 and leave your name, address, phone number and email address if possible.
- Immunizations - The amended School Immunization Law requires that up-to-date completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) forms be present at school for every student. The CIS form must show proof of: (a) full immunization; (b) initiation of a schedule of immunization; or (c) a certificate of exemption. Please note that the month, day, and year are required documentation of all vaccines. If you have any questions and/or require assistance, please call your child’s school and ask to speak with your school nurse. Forms and charts that note the minimum vaccines required for attendance in the school year 2015-2016, according to the State of Washington WAC 246-100-166, and required forms can be found by clicking here.
- School newsletter subscription preferences - More than 5,000 parents and staff have subscribed to our district’s Listserv communications tool. Have you? If you would like to receive district and school newsletters, please subscribe to this valuable tool. For directions on how to subscribe or change your subscription preferences (for those already signed up), please click here.
- Keep up to date through Facebook - Today, more than 3,000 Facebook fans receive regular district updates through this social networking tool. Through this site we are also able to post photos of district events and activities. If you are not following us, please consider doing so. Follow us by logging in at www.facebook.com, searching for “Snohomish School District” and becoming a “Fan.”
Join us this summer at Kids' Café and Book Café
Kids' Cafe' information
All area kids age 18 and younger are invited to join us again this summer at our Kids' Café summer breakfast and lunch program. There is no pre-registration or sign-up. Kids just need to show up and enjoy a great breakfast and/or lunch. Kids' Café is being held Mondays through Fridays and runs Tuesday, June 16, through Friday, August 28 The program is free.
Meals will be served at Snohomish High School - 1316 5th Street in Snohomish. Breakfast will be served in the school's cafeteria from 8:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., and lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Remember to look for our Kids’ Café van and catch “lunch on the run” at one of our four mobile lunch locations. Special thanks to Bickford Ford for its community partnership in our mobile Kids' Café program!
- Snohomish Aquatic Center (516 Maple Avenue in Snohomish) - Lunch served from 11:30 a.m. to noon
- Snohomish Boys and Girls Club (402 2nd Street in Snohomish) - Lunch served from 11:30 a.m. to noon
- Circle H Mobile Home Park (6413 123rd Avenue SE in Snohomish) - Lunch served from 11:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Three Rivers Mobile Home Park (13201 Elliott Road in Snohomish) - Lunch served from 12:15 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
For each lunch, participants will be given 1 (one) sticker for their Kids’ Café calendars. Every 10 (ten) unredeemed stickers = 1 (one) complimentary Guest Pass at the Snohomish Aquatic Center. Bring your Kids’ Cafe calendars and attached stickers to the Snohomish Aquatic Center (516 Maple Avenue in Snohomish) to receive your complimentary Guest Passes. Complimentary Snohomish Aquatic Center Guest Passes provided courtesy of Sodexo – the Snohomish School District’s Food Service provider. Thank you Sodexo for your generosity!
Book Cafe' information
Make sure you also keep a lookout for the Book Café in a neighborhood near you! The Book Café will deliver free books for students to read throughout the summer. Watch for the Book Café vehicle on Mondays and Tuesdays (June 22 – August 28) at the following locations:
- Snohomish Mobile Home and RV Park (1330 Avenue D in Snohomish) - 11 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Plantation Park (9425 56th Street SE in Snohomish) - 11:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Snohomish Boys and Girls Club (402 2nd Street in Snohomish) - noon to 12:30 p.m.
- Circle H Mobile Home Park (6413 123rd Avenue SE in Snohomish) - 11:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Snohomish Aquatic Center (516 Maple Avenue in Snohomish) - 11:45 a.m. to noon
- Three Rivers Mobile Home Park (13201 Elliott Road in Snohomish) - 12:30 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Our Mission: The Snohomish School District, in its commitment to excellence, places the success of each student at the center of all decisions and actions. Partnerships and strong academic programs ensure competent, responsible, lifelong learners.
The Snohomish School District #201 does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Special thanks to Snohomish community member Todd Elvig for providing the photos in the banner above.