2016-2017 Back-to-School Information
- High school offices will reopen on Friday, August 19.
- Middle and elementary school offices will reopen on Monday, August 22.
First Day of School
Wednesday, September 7 – First day of school for 1st-7th and 9th graders, as well as new AIM High School students
Thursday, September 8 and Friday, September 9 – All students except kindergarteners attend school
Monday, September 12 – First day of school for students in kindergarten
School Start/End Times
- The district's Skyward/Family Access system is currently open for viewing transportation schedules/routes and food service information.
- Beginning at 6 p.m. on Thursday, September 1, the district’s Skyward/Family Access system will be open for viewing transportation schedules/routes, teacher assignments, student schedules, food service information and other important information. Please note that individual teacher assignments and student schedules may be subject to change up to the first day of school. Counselors will be addressing individual schedule issues with individual students on the first day of school. (Note: Riverview Elementary student teacher assignments will be available in Skyward/Family Access on Monday, September 12.)
- Unsure of your Skyward/Family Access login or password? Parents/guardians may pick-up Family Access/Skyward usernames and passwords at their child's school during school office hours. Please bring photo identification. Please note that there are different logins/passwords for parents/guardians and students.
- For those students and families with smartphones - Download the Skyward Mobile Access app to help make access to the system on your mobile device just a touch away!
- Individual student bus routes and schedules can be accessed through eLink/Versatrans and Skyward/Family Access. Please continue to check back weekly (or daily in the days closer to the start of school) as student schedules and routes may be added and/or adjusted up until the start of school on Wednesday, September 7.
- If you see an issue with your child’s transportation information, parent transportation assistance is currently available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. by calling 360-563-3525 or emailing email@example.com. If you notice any missing or incorrect transportation information, it must be communicated to the student’s school or transportation no later than 3 p.m. on Thursday, September 1, in order to ensure the correct information is available by the first day of school. Please note that after Friday, September 2, it can take up to 72 business hours for bus assignments to be made and available to families and schools in Skyward/Family Access.
- Step 1 - In Skyward/Family Access on each student's profile is a Student Info tab from left menu.
- Step 2 - In the Student Info tab will be a web link that says "View Bus Schedule." (It is located just below the student's address and just above the birthday info.) Click the web link.
- Step 3 - The student's bus number will pop up. If you click "View Pickup Bus Stops" or "View Drop Off Bus Stops" the route numbers and times will pop open.
- Any balances remaining your student’s meal account from the 2015-2016 school year will move forward to the new school year. You can view your child’s meal purchases and account balances online through Skyward/Family Access. If there is a negative balance on your child's account, please be sure to pay the amount owed as soon as possible. Please note these negative food service balances are considered fines and must be paid before things such as student parking passes will be granted. If you have recently made a payment and it is not reflected in the online balance, we appreciate your payment. The updated balance should be reflected shortly in your student's account. Please contact Food Service at 360-563-7357 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
- Step-by-step pdf payment guide can be found by clicking here.
- Step 1 - Log into Skyward/Family Access and select “Food Service” from left menu. Screen with account information for your student(s) will open. Be sure you are using your parent/guardian login – using a student login gains you access to Student Access, which will not allow you to make a Food Service payment.
- Step 2 - Select “Make A Payment.” If you have more than one student you will need to update payment amount for each student that you would like to make a payment for.
- Step 3 - Online payment entry screen will open. If you have more than one student you will be able to make payments for all of your students from this screen. Select "Update Payment Amount."
- Step 4 - Online payment entry screen will open. Enter the payment amount and then select “Update Cart” which will take you back to the online payment entry overview screen.
- Step 5 - Confirm that the payments have been updated.
- Step 6 - If total payment info is correct select “Pay with Vendor.”
- Step 7 - Shopping cart screen will show you the payments that are waiting to be processed. Select “Go to Checkout” to complete the payment process. If you have previously set-up a RevTrak account you will be asked for your account information to process the payment. If you are a first-time user, you will be asked to set up a RevTrak account.
Payment by check
- If paying at your student's school, checks should be made payable to Snohomish School District. Be sure to put your child’s name in the “note” section at the bottom of the check; student number is also very helpful. Checks payable to Snohomish School District can also be sent to Snohomish School District, Attn: Sodexo/Food Service Dept., 14211 Snohomish Cascade Drive, Snohomish, WA 98296
- In the mail - Each student household in the Snohomish School District will receive an informational postcard by the third week of August. The postcard describes how and where to obtain a Free and Reduced Price Meal Application. Please click here to view an electronic version of the postcard.
- Online - The applications can be found below:
- Links - Meal applications are being sent directly to your email and will be available through Skyward/Family Access.
- At your school or district office - Hard copies will be available at your child's school or the district office after Monday, August 22. Please note - Individual applications will be mailed to households only on request. To request an application call 360-563-7314 and leave your name, address, phone number and email address if possible.
School & District News
Our Mission: The Snohomish School District, in its commitment to excellence, places the success of each student at the center of all decisions and actions. Partnerships and strong academic programs ensure competent, responsible, lifelong learners.
The Snohomish School District #201 does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Special thanks to Snohomish community member Todd Elvig for providing the photos in the banner above.