Cathcart Civility Code of Conduct
At Cathcart Elementary, our mission is “working together to help every student become the best they can be in a safe, friendly, fun community.” To “work together," we believe practicing kindness and civil behavior creates a positive learning community. As a contributing adult member of the Cathcart learning community, I will do my part in creating an atmosphere of civility.
We Work Together
- When I participate in creating an inviting, engaging place to learn, work and volunteer, I contribute to Cathcart’s success.
- If conflict occurs, I will work collaboratively to resolve issues through respectful interactions and considerate behavio
We Respect Each Other
- I will demonstrate trust and confidence in the professional expertise of staff members.
- I will acknowledge the various parenting styles within our community, believing everyone operates with the best intentions.
We Use Positive Communication
- I will respect the dignity, diversity, and well-being of adults and students by putting into practice the Cathcart Elementary Top Ten.
Cathcart’s Top Ten
- Think first, act second
- Be respectful through tone of voice, choice of words and body language
- Direct questions to the source
- Communicate honestly with care and tact
- Refrain from idle gossip or complaints
- Maintain confidentiality
- Respect even a subtle “no”
- Be inclusive
- Thank others and acknowledge contributions