Parent/Guardian Drop Off & Pick Up
We experience large back-ups at both arrival and dismissal. Due to the space we have, there is no easy fix but we believe the following guidelines will help expedite the process:
- Please do not "cut" into line or speed so we can ensure safety for all.
- If you want/need to enter the building, please park in designated parking spaces or on the side by the bus loading area and then come into the building.
- Please do not drop your student off before 8:25 a.m.
- Park only in designated spaces.
- School begins at 8:35 a.m. – students should be in their classrooms by this time.
- When dropping off, please do not stop at the crosswalk area – pull all the way forward to fully utilize the large sidewalk area for students to enter the building.
- Dismissal is at 3:15 p.m. (1:15 p.m. on Fridays) with older kids dismissed last – please do not come extra early and park in the drive-thru area waiting for your student as this is one of the major reasons for the back-ups.
- Pull all the way forward – (stay in your car) so we are able to load as many students as possible.
- If you need to leave your car, you must park – park only in designated spaces.
We appreciate your patience and respect for other Machias parents and the dismissal team. Our #1 priority is the safety of our students! Thank you.