The recreation pool supports a variety of structured and non-structured activities, including swimming lessons, water fitness and water play.
Recreation pool features
- Recreation lap pool - This body of water includes three, 20-yard lap lanes and ample space for swimming lessons and recreational play.
- Zero-depth entry area - Designed for toddlers and those with physical limitations.
- Shallow-water area – Designed for preschool and beginner swimmers.
- Hot tub – Designed to accommodate the special needs of our guests, water temperature is 102 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lazy river – Designed in a figure 8 shape to allow guests to glide through the water on tubes. In addition, water fit classes may also take place in the river section of the facility.
- Spray-play area – Designed to provide a fun, interactive aquatic wonderland for young swimmers.
- Splashtacular – This enclosed waterslide provides a fun, corkscrew ride starting inside the center, spiraling out of the building and back in, ending in the recreation pool. OurSplashtacular is 151-feet long and 20-feet high. Guests must be at least 48-inches tall and pass a swim test to slide.
- FlowRider – This surf-simulation machine— the only one of its kind in the area—crosses snowboarding, skateboarding and wakeboarding into an exciting ride with plenty of challenges and a whole lot of fun! Guests must be 42-inches tall to ride the boogie boards and 52-inches tall and less than 250 pounds to ride the stand-up boards.
Recreation Pool Activities
- Open/recreational swim
- Parent and tot programming
- Surf-simulation machine
- Aqua basketball hoops
- Lazy river
- Swim lessons/clinics
- Homeschool program
- Open lap swim
- Water fitness
- Stroke clinics
- Theme nights
Recreation Pool Facts
- The pool supports a variety of structured and non-structured uses including swimming lessons, water exercise and water play.
- The pool area includes a recreational pool (5,091 square feet), a warm-water therapy area, spray-play area, zero-entry area, surf-simulation machine (FlowRider), lazy river and water slide (Splashtacular).
- The main recreation pool begins at 2 feet and deepens up to 4 1/2 feet. There are steps to get into and out of the pool. There is also a zero-entry spray/play area.
- The pool is 83-86 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The hot tub is 102 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The pool spaces hold 112,726 gallons of water (5,091 square feet). The FlowRider® uses 39,086 gallons of water. The Splashtacular uses 650 gallons of water per minute.
- The pool spaces have a maximum capacity of 203 people.