Winter Sports Begin on November 14
Although we are deep into fall sports, we have begun preparation for our winter sports season - boys and girls basketball, boys and girls wrestling and boys swim and dive.
Sign-up meetings are scheduled for Monday, October 24, during Grizzly Period. Meeting locations will be advertised, via the announcements, the week leading up to the meetings.
It is not too early to get paperwork completed for tryouts/practices. Detailed information on the clearance process may be found using the "Sports Sign Up Information" link on the left.
Note: Athletes must be cleared by the Athletic Office by Thursday, November 10, to be eligible to participate on day 1. Showing "compliant" on Rank One does not necessarily indicate full clearance for an athlete to participate. To be cleared for tryouts or practices, athletes must be on the GP clearance list, which will be posted outside the Athletic Office beginning November 3.
Winter Sports Parents/Guardians Meeting - Tuesday, November 22 - 6:30 p.m.
We are excited to be back in-person for our winter season parent/guardian meeting. The night provides an opportunity for the parents/guardians of our athletes to learn about the expectations, policies and procedures of the Glacier Peak athletic program, as well as sports-specific information. The night will start with a large group presentation in the Commons where we will review general policies and guidelines. We will then break up into sport-specific groups to provide coaches with the opportunity to introduce themselves and share program information. In addition, many booster clubs will be presenting ways parents/guardians can help support each program.
We look forward to seeing everyone on November 22.
2022-23 Sports Season Start Dates
- August 17, 2022: football* (grades 10-12)
- August 22, 2022: volleyball, boys cross country*, girls cross country*, girls soccer, boys tennis, girls swim & dive*
- August 24, 2022: freshmen football*
- November 14, 2022: boys basketball, girls basketball, boys wrestling*, girls wresting*, boys swim & dive*
- February 27, 2023: baseball, softball, boys track & field*, girls track & field*, boys golf, girls golf, boys soccer, girls tennis
- March 6, 2023: girls badminton*
*designates a non-cut sport