Below is the information that students need to facilitate the timely completion of their senior community service hours.
Community Service Requirements
Students graduating from the Snohomish School District must complete a minimum of eight (8) hours of community service during senior year with an organization that meets the criteria below:
- The organization must be a non-profit, 501(c)3 and offer service opportunities that are community oriented.
- School district service opportunities will be allowed if the Community Service Committee has concluded that the opportunity has significant community impact. These school district activity must be educational in nature and be performed at the middle school/elementary level. No school district sport activities are permitted. No booster club or other fundraising activities will be allowed. Service done as part of being in a high school club does not count. In general, all district activities must be pre-approved.
- A minimum of eight (8) hours is required of all students. The required hours must be performed outside of the school day.
- Any church related community service must be service based.This would include, but not be limited to, servicing the homeless, clothing/food drives and serving the elderly. Hours will not be granted for activities such as teaching Sunday School, participating in church band/choir, or ministering on behalf of your faith. All church-related activities must be pre-approved.
- Private daycare providers with a 501(c)3 designation will not be accepted unless also approved by the United Way.