2nd Grade Swim Program - FAQs
Important notice about 2021-2022 2nd Grade Swim Program
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and limited swim lesson availability the past 18 months, this year's program will be open to district 2nd and 3rd grade students. Participating district 3rd grade students must not have previously taken advantage of the program.
How do I contact the Snohomish Aquatic Center?
- The Snohomish Aquatic Center is located at 516 Maple Avenue in Snohomish.
- Website: www.snohomishaquatic.com
- Phone: 360-563-8030
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/snohomishaquatic
Who can take advantage of this program?
- This program is offered to all 2nd or 3rd graders (or homeschooled equivalent) enrolled in the Snohomish School District during the 2021-2022 school year.
Where can my 2nd or 3rd grader go to take advantage of this program?
- This program is available exclusively at the Snohomish Aquatic Center.
What exactly does this program provide?
- The Swim for Life 2nd Grade Swim Program provides one (1) session of group swimming lessons at no cost to the student. (Note: Sessions are typically 4 or 5 weeks long, and classes are offered once or twice a week.) Simply find a group session that works for your schedule, register (register at any time for any session – general session registration dates on the enclosed fliers do not apply for this program), and enjoy our high-quality swim instruction.
How do I register my 2nd or 3rd grader for swimming lessons using this program?
- To register, please visit the Snohomish Aquatic Center Welcome Desk and inquire about the Swim for Life 2nd Grade Swim Program. A Guest Services Representative will be able to assist you. Online registration is not available for this program. To download a flier of 2021-2022 swim lesson session dates, please click here.
What do I need to bring when I come in to register?
- You will need to bring photo ID. The Snohomish Aquatic Center staff will confirm your identity, and that of your child, and will check them against a list of currently enrolled 2nd grade students in the school district. If you want, you may also choose to bring a copy of your 2nd grader’s report card, a library card or other student identification with you.
When during the year is the program available?
- All currently registered 2nd or 3rd grade students can take advantage of this program for any session of group swimming lessons held during the 2021-2022 school year . Check with the Snohomish Aquatic Center staff for session and registration dates.
Can I register a sibling instead of 2nd or 3rd grader to benefit from this program?
- No, this program is only available to current 2nd or 3rd graders.
Will my 2nd or 3rd grader be in a special swim class, or set apart in any way?
- 2nd or 3rd graders taking advantage of this program will be incorporated into the facility’s existing learn-to-swim program.
Will people know I’m taking advantage of this program?
- Every district 2nd or 3rd grader is encouraged to participate. Only Snohomish Aquatic Center staff will know who has taken advantage of this program. Information will not be shared.
If I register my 2nd or 3rd grader, but want to register a sibling as well, can I do that?
- Absolutely! The sibling can be registered at the same time, but will be required to pay the normal session fee determined by the facility.
What happens if I register, but then need to change sessions?
- Provided there is space available in the newly desired time/session, transferring from one session to another is easy. Simply inquire at the Snohomish Aquatic Center Welcome Desk.
Not all sessions cost the same, if I register for a lower priced session do I get a credit, or a refund?
- This program covers one (1) session of lessons per student. The session registered for is entirely up to the families that choose to take advantage of this program. No credits or refunds will be given for sessions of differing values, even if transferring from one session to another. We are not able to provide any credit or refund due to transfer, cancellation, or scheduling changes.