Have an upcoming event in need of volunteers? Email Mr. May to get it listed here.
This is a list of upcoming opportunities that have been sent to me by various people in our community. Please note that some activities may be canceled or modified due to COVID-19 protocols. Please reach out to the organization directly if you are interested in volunteering and bring your Verification Form with you to get signed!
- Volunteers or American Western WA - https://volunteer.voaww.org/need/index/
- Christmas House - help get christmas presents ready for those in need https://christmas-house.org/registration-2/
- Habitat Restoration at Valley View 11/26 from 10-2. Click for details.
- Toys for Tots - click here
- Snohomish Food Bank Ongoing. Saturday shifts - email firstname.lastname@example.org and specify which date they would like to be scheduled (they will respond with confirmation. Shifts are 9:00-1:00 (lunch provided). Student must schedule (not parent). No shows will not be rescheduled. Bring verification form with you. Jacket or sweatshirt recommended in case you are working in the cooler.
- Little Cedars Big Buddy Program - The Purpose of the Big Buddy Program is to align high school students with elementary children who could benefit from a positive role model in their lives. Through on-going regular contacts and positive role modeling, the high school students often help to improve the students confidence and boost self-esteem, over-all school performance, and attendance. See Mr. May for application.
- Special Olympics- Volunteers are needed for several events. For more information, visit https://specialolympicswashington.org/volunteer/event-volunteers/
- Maltby Food Bank Ongoing 360-668-7900 or email@example.com
- Empowering Strides - help with lessons and horse care for this organization that provides therapeutic horsemanship to children who face behavioral, emotional, or cognitive challenges. See flyer here.
- Snohomish County Volunteer Search and Rescue K9 Group has volunteer opportunities for high school seniors age 17 and above. For information about volunteering for Saturday wilderness trainings at various locations throughout Snohomish county contact Wendy Bowlin at firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about volunteering for Sunday urban trailing trainings near where you live contact Linda Binkley at email@example.com.
- Project Harvest- Ongoing Project Harvest is looking for volunteers to help harvest fresh produce for our local food banks. For more information, visit www.voaww.org/projectharvest.
- Forterra- Ongoing Forterra holds several habitat and ecosystem restoration work parties in Snohomish County each month. For a complete list of upcoming opportunities and information on volunteering, visit http://forterra.org/events.
- Helping Hands thrift store in Bothell needs volunteers pricing, restocking, and testing electronics. Hours are flexible between the hours of 10-4 Monday through Saturday. Contact Liz Medina at 425-481-6682 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharing Wheels Community Bike Shop is a nonprofit that helps provide refurbished bikes to low income people. They hold Thursday night work parties and have several single day opportunities to volunteer. No experience necessary. Find more information at: http://getconnected.uwsc.org/need/detail/?need_id=419211.
- The Snohomish Farmer’s Market has several opportunities as they ready for the market opening in May. These include poster distribution, and other miscellaneous tasks. Interested students can contact the market manager, Sarah at 425-280-4150 or email@example.com.
- The Snohomish Community Kitchen needs volunteers to help serve meals St. John’s on 2nd Street on Mondays and Thursdays from 3 to 7 p.m. Please call 360-568-4622 or 360-568-3849 to sign up for a shift.
- Fabulously Frugal Thrift Shop, whose proceeds benefit the Snohomish Senior Center is looking for volunteers to help in the store on 2nd Street. For more information contact Erica at 360 568 0934 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Homeward Pet Adoption - Ongoing opportunity. https://www.justserve.org/projects/f43567cb-3488-4e88-937d-9e73a7aac5ed
Not seeing anything you like? Try these resources!
Check our pre-approved list for ideas or use the following websites to help you search for service opportunities: