Risk Management - Employee Safety Programs
The district has a number of safety programs in place to assist employees with safe working practices and to provide awareness to the community about hazardous conditions that may be present in the buildings. Included in these programs are:
- Safety committees
- Asbestos management
- Integrated pest management
- Bloodborne pathogens
- Ladder safety
- Confined space
- Fall protection
- Hazardous materials communication (Material Safety Data Sheets – MSDS)
- Personal protective equipment
- Petroleum spill procedures
- Playground safety procedures (including playground inspections)
- School chemistry/lab safety
- Other safety programs developed by individual departments to meet the requirements/needs of those specific departments.
Information on any of these programs can be obtained through Melody Gillette at 360-563-7332 or in the Risk Management Manual (every building administrator should have a copy).