Kids' Cafe Summer 2023 Volunteer Opportunities
Since 2010, hundreds of dedicated volunteers have joined us in our effort to feed children and families from our community through our Kids’ Café summer meal program. Three to four volunteers are needed each Monday through Friday throughout the summer.
How to volunteer
We're using Signup.com (the leading online sign-up and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming Kids’ Café sign-ups. To sign up for a volunteer spot, please use the sign-up link and directions below.
Sign-up link here - https://signup.com/go/ZhFwrWn
Here's how it works in three easy steps:
- Click this link to see our sign-up availability: https://signup.com/go/ZhFwrWn
- Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
- Sign up! It's easy - you will not need to register an account or keep a password on Signup.com.
- Note: Signup.com does not share your email address with anyone.
Due to the number of people who would like to volunteer, as well as the limited opportunities for volunteering with Kids' Cafe' this summer, please sign up for a maximum of five (5) volunteer spots per individual. If you have signed up to volunteer for more than five (5) spots, we ask that you please go in, choose your five (5) preferred days and times and please adjust your sign-ups so others have the opportunity to volunteer as well. Adjustments can be made through sign-up confirmation email or at https://signup.com/go/ZhFwrWn.
Below are some volunteer details:
- The program will be held Mondays through Fridays from Monday, June 26, through Friday, September 1.
- All volunteers work from the Valley View Middle School “headquarters.” Volunteers will need to arrive at the Valley View Middle School Commons by 8 a.m. and will be needed through about 1:15 p.m. each day.
- Volunteers should be aged 13 or older.
- Three to four volunteers are needed each Monday through Friday throughout the summer.
- Volunteers will begin each day helping prep food, serve, restock, monitor, and clean up. Between breakfast and lunch, volunteers will have time for a break and will work with kitchen staff to make sack lunches and prepare the items for the food truck (a few hundred each day). At 11:30 a.m., kids will begin to arrive for lunch. Most volunteers will remain at Valley View Middle School to serve, monitor kids and clean up during the lunch period (though 12:30 p.m.).
- At the end of summer, students who volunteer will receive a confirmation letter of volunteer hours for community service documentation (provided upon request).
- Click here to review the 2023 volunteer confirmation letter
- Click here for more information about the Kids’ Café summer meal program
- Click here to complete the online volunteer application process
- Click here to download the Snohomish School District volunteer handbook
We will offer meals at the following times and locations:
- Valley View Middle School
- Breakfast - 8:30-9 a.m.
- Lunch - 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Three Rivers Mobile Home Park
- Lunch - 11:15-11:30 a.m.
- Snohomish Library
- Breakfast - 8:30-9 a.m.
- Lunch – Noon-12:30 p.m.
- Circle H Mobile Home Park
- Lunch - 12:45-1 p.m.