Career and Technical Education (CTE) General Advisory Council
The General Advisory Council (GAC) is a committee of Snohomish School District administrators, businesses and community representatives from across pathway advisory committees. The council provides overall direction and guidance to administrators and staff concerning career and technical education (CTE) programs offered by the Snohomish School District.
GAC duties include:
- Assist in the facilitation of the CTE program renewal process
- Make facilities and equipment recommendations for the department
- Provide business and industry guidance to the director
- Help implement the departments five-year plan
Program Advisory Committees
Advisory committees are made up of teachers, industry representatives and community members, and are an important part of our CTE programs.
- Provide information to update, modify, expand, and improve the quality of programs
- Support and strengthen the partnerships between business, trades, community, and education
- Make recommendations that will strengthen and expand the CTE curriculum and provide assistance in implementing these recommendations
- Identify and validate academic and occupational competencies, determining priorities, and review and evaluate programs
- Communicate long-term goals and objectives of the CTE programs to students, parents, employers, and the community
Interested in helping?
If you are interested in joining an advisory committee please contact CTE Director Debora Koenig at 360-563-7297.