Apprenticeships & Internships
AJAC Youth Apprenticeship Program
Snohomish School District is pleased to partner with the AJAC Youth Apprenticeship Program. AJAC is a 2,000-hour program designed for high school juniors and seniors to develop career-ready skills in the aerospace and advanced manufacturing industries. The registered Production Technician Youth Apprenticeship program will give students:
- 2000 hours of paid on the job training
- 15 tuition-free college credits
- College short-term certificate of completion and a recognized journey level credential from Washington State.
- Accelerated pathway allowing them to complete their adult apprenticeship early.
Students enrolled in or have previously completed Snohomish School District high school manufacturing or computer aided design (CADD) courses have the opportunity to apply for the program. Ask your manufacturing or CADD instructor or career center specialist for more information.
BioPath Internship Program
- Program type: Paid high school internship with on-the-job training in the laboratory + classroom work
- Accreditation: High school credit* + college credit* + Foundation of Biomanufacturing Certificate
- Length of program: 1 school year = 32 weeks
- Location: Bothell, WA
- Program start: Program begins September 2020
- Candidate profile: High school juniors interested in launching their career after high school
- Contact your career center specialist or visit www.agcbio.com/biopath
Snohomish High School manufacturing program is a recognized Core Plus curriculum provider. Students learn hands core skills including use and safety of shop equipment, precision measuring, material science, print reading and record keeping. These real world skills apply to other trades including construction, maritime and agricultural support services. Our instructors attend professional development opportunities and collaborate with industry to learn the most current processes and skills needed in industry. Core Plus students also qualify for spring and summer internships with the Boeing company, including the manufacturing fellowship, Core Plus aerospace internship and facilities maintenance internship.
Western Washington Sheet Metal Summer Pre-Apprentice Program
Six-week long summer program acquire skills in sheet metal trade including industry math, fabrication, and welding. Contact your career center specialist or manufacturing instructor for more information and a nomination form.
Launch Your Career: Core Plus Aerospace
Click here for the Launch Your Career: Core Plus Aerospace Video. There are nearly 300,000 manufacturing jobs in Washington state, with an average wage of $87,000. Core Plus Aerospace can help Washington students launch careers in this exciting industry. These are the top messages in a new video that introduces you to Core Plus Aerospace in one quick minute. The video builds on this infographic that outlines the curriculum and the steps students can take - from middle school through high school – to explore manufacturing and graduate with more options. Both are great resources for counselors, teachers, students and families as they think about class schedules for next year.