Health Information

  • Health care plans
    If your child has a life-threatening health condition, such as diabetes or anaphylaxis, you need to have a signed health care plan in place, as well as the appropriate medication form and any necessary medications and supplies. This needs to occur before the first day of school. Please contact the school nurse about health care plans.

    Medications at school
    Before any medication, whether prescription or over-the-counter, can be dispensed at school, we must have a Snohomish School District medication form signed by both the parent and the physician on file in the nurse’s office. These medical forms are available at the school office and must be renewed each year. In addition, all medication must be in the original container.

    Illness or injury
    If your child becomes ill or is injured at school, our first priority will be to care for your student. Office staff/health care room staff will attend to the student's needs by administering appropriate first aid or in the case of serious illness or injury, calling 911 for assistance.

    Office staff/principal will make the following arrangements if a student must go home:

    • Contact a parent or alternate person listed on the student emergency information card. It’s important to keep this up to date if needed.
    • Make arrangements for transportation if needed for the student.
    • Office staff/principal will complete an accident report form if a student is injured.