Welcome to Academic Services
Dear Snohomish students, families and staff,
Academic Services supports our school communities (students, families, principals, teachers and school staff) to create a culture and environment that supports every student to learn at high levels and to access and surpass grade-level instruction. We do this through helping schools and communities to:
- Create teaching and learning environments that provide opportunities for students that are rigorous, safe to take risks, and supportive to students where ever they are in the learning process.
- Development systems of support for instruction, assessment and interventions.
- Communicate in an ongoing way with the Snohomish community about how we can best serve students' needs.
- Problem solve district and school based situations as they arise.
- Create systems of continuous improvement.
Academic Services oversees school-based activities such as:
- Apex Online Learning
- BECCA Bill - Attendance
- Building Positive School Climate
- Free/Reduced Meals
- Health Services
- Healthy Youth Survey
- McKinney-Vento/Homeless Education Act
- School-Based Counseling Support
- Skykomish Valley Indian Education
- Student Discipline
- Suicide Prevention
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Deputy Superintendent/Academic Services