Please use the links on the right under Scholarship and Financial aid information. Please see the Career Center with any questions or assistance.
Where Should I Look for a Scholarship?
Start with these top suggestions (in no particular order):
- Local Scholarship Notebook (opens in December see Local Scholarship Notebook tab for last year’s scholarships and their requirements)
- washboard.org. A scholarship matching search engine for Washington residents.
- The institution you will be applying to or attending. All schools have a financial aid/scholarship tab on their website please ask for help in the Career Center if you have trouble finding it. There are scholarships for applying, visiting, GPA, etc.
- Your employer/parents’ employer (including any clubs or organizations you or they belong to).
- National Search Engine such as big future.com, fastweb.com, scholarship.com
- GPHS College and Career Center website for specific scholarships sorted by deadline month and links to other scholarship search engines.
Helpful tips: Any of the scholarship search engines will require you to check back frequently for new scholarships. When you search, if you are not returning a lot of scholarships reevaluate the search criteria you entered.
FAFSA opens October 1, 2019! You cannot receive financial aid if you don’t apply!