Things You Might Need While the Counselors Are Away This Summer
Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor or
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
Trans Lifeline – call 1-877-565-8860 for a hotline staffed by transgender people for transgender people. Trans Lifeline volunteers are ready to respond to whatever support needs community members might have.
The Trevor Project – a national 24-hour, toll free confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth. If you are a young person in crisis, feeling suicidal, or in need of a safe and judgment-free place to talk, call 1-866-488-7386 to connect with a trained counselor.
The LGBT National Help Center – call 1-888-843-4564. Open to callers of all ages. Provides peer-counseling, information, and local resources
Text STEVE to 741741-Are you a young person of color? Feeling down, stressed or overwhelmed
August 23 and 24- More information will be communicated.
Diplomas can be picked up in the GP Main Office June 29 from 11-3PM.
Final transcripts will not be available until 6/29. We will mail final transcripts to colleges late June based on requests made in the Senior Exit Survey. We recommend students place new requests with Parchment during the summer. https://www.parchment.com/u/registration/195612/account there is a $4.95 fee for this service. Recently graduated or current students may contact Shannon Aylesworth (firstname.lastname@example.org) while the office is open and Tiffany Sturlaugson (email@example.com) during the office closure in the summer for a free paper transcript.
Work Authorization Signatures
Email Tiffany Sturlaugson @ firstname.lastname@example.org
If you haven't yet applied to Running Start, please visit our website for guidance on how to apply at the local community college. https://www.sno.wednet.edu/domain/3116
If you need your RSEVF signed, counselors will be back in August 26 and you can request your form be signed at that time. The college quarter does not begin until September 29, so there is time to have your RSEVF signed in August.
Summer assignments are listed on the GP webpage.
Students will receive their schedules on Skyward the week before school begins. You may notify your counselor if you see an error in your schedule; however, we are otherwise unable to make schedule changes.
Enjoy the summer Grizzlies!
Senior Year 101, Financial Aid and Scholarship Information
On October 5, 2021 these videos were presented via webinar to Junior and Senior Parents. The senior packet was handed out to seniors on Friday, October 1 during counseling presentations.
Senior Year 101: all things senior year including graduation requirements, applying to colleges, accepting admission and graduation information.
Financial Aid and Scholarship: Applying for FAFSA and WASFA and scholarship information.
How to Meet with Your Counselor
GP On-Campus Students: Please come into the GP Counseling office. If your counselor is available, they will meet with you at that time. If not, you can leave them a note and they will call you in.
Running Start Students: Use your counselor's Bookings link. If you don't have it, email your counselor or Ms. Hoien, administrative assistant.
Parents: Please email your student's counselor
*If it is an emergency (you or someone you know is not safe) and your counselor is not available, please let Ms. Hoien, Counseling Administrative Assistant, know and she will find someone to talk with you.
Contact Us & Quick Links
- Tammy Amador (last names A-Com) - 360-563-7599
- Amanda Hansen (last names Con-Has) - 360-563-7598
- Sam Robertson (last names Hat-McE) - 360-563-7597
- Ben Chertok (last names McF-R) - 360-563-7596
- Danielle McHugh (last names S-Z) - 360-563-7601
- Tracy Hoien, Counseling Administrative Assistant - 360-563-7604
- Shannon Aylesworth, Registrar - 360-563-7600
- Susan Waltz, Registrar Assistant - 360-563-7651
- Kari Winckler, College & Career Center - 360-563-7578
- Jason West, Student Support Advocate 360-926-6003 and 360-563-7657
- Counseling Office hours - 7 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Office phone - 360-563-7604
- Registrar phone - 360-563-7600
- Fax number - 360-563-7630
- Glacier Peak High School CEEB Code - 481211
- College & Career Center - Resources cover a wide range of interests and needs including but not limited to college planning, visits and applications; scholarships, financial aid, apprenticeship, military options, SAT and ACT testing, Sno-Isle TECH, internships, employment and much more.
- Community Service
- Request a Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation Request Form