Student Technology Login Information
All students should confirm they are able to properly log onto their computer and access all necessary programs (Canvas, Seesaw, Zoom) prior to the first day of scheduled instruction. Test your audio and video on Zoom. This will allow time to become familiar with the device and location of required links, problem solve issues and provide a smooth start to the school year.
School-district issued laptop
- After powering on the laptop, you will need to agree to the Acceptable Use Policy Agreement.
- Connect to your home wi-fi network. If you are using a district issued hotspot, the device has a sticker with the network name and password.
- Sign in with “Other User” (after your initial log-in the computer will save your username).
- For your username enter your school email (email@example.com). Student school email may also be found in the student’s Skyward/Family Access account under “Student Info."
- Elementary student passwords are the students school ID number, without the leading 0. Elementary students are not allowed to change their passwords.
- Middle and high school student passwords were reset on September 7. Temporary passwords are set to the format A.student#. (example: A.987654).
- Once Windows opens, click on the Hello ID icon and log in using your password.
- Middle and high school students will need to use their temporary password the first time you log-in to HelloID. You will receive a prompt to set a new password for subsequent log-ins.
- Verify you are properly logged-in by accessing district websites (Canvas, Zoom).
- Confirm the device is connected to WiFi/internet.
- Go to your school’s website or the school district website and click on the HelloID icon/ link. You should always access Hello ID through the link on the school’s or district’s webpage.
- Sign in to HelloID using the student’s username and password.
- For your username enter your school email: firstname.lastname@example.org and select “Next."
- Your school email may be found in your Skyward/Family Access account under “Student Info."
- Middle and high school student passwords were reset on September 7. Temporary passwords are set to the format: A.student# ( example: A.987654 ).
- The system will ask the student to reenter the temporary password and prompt the user to set up a new password, which will be used for subsequent logins.
- Confirm you are properly logged in by accessing district websites (Canvas, Seesaw, Zoom).
Student Technology Support
- Although many hours of planning went into preparing for remote learning, we realize that the sheer volume of technology required will inevitably create challenges for some. Below is some guidance and information on supporting students and families if issues arise.
Tier 1 Support
- Resources are available for common issues on the district re-opening webpage located at: https://www.sno.wednet.edu/Domain/3018 .
- For issues specific to a class (access to a class website other than Canvas, questions on assignments, process for submitting completed work, etc), you should reach out to the specific teacher for assistance.
- Reach out to classmates and friends for assistance and guidance.
Tier 2 Support
- The district is providing a support line to assist students and families with technology issues that can not be solved from the suggestions listed above. Please have the device readily available while calling.
- Phone number - 360-563-3000
- September 9-25 - Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- After September 25 - Monday – Friday during school hours
- If the support line cannot solve the issue with a district device, the issue will be forwarded to a school district technician for assistance. In the event the issue can not be solved remotely, arrangements to bring the device in for repair or exchange will be made in a timely manner.
Common Q & As
Q. What if I forget my password?
- A. Elementary passwords are the student’s school ID, without the leading 0. Middle and high school passwords are set by the student. If you have not changed your password since the reset on September 7, follow the directions on the reverse side to reset.
Q. What do I do if my video is not stable on Zoom or I keep getting disconnected from Zoom?
- A. If you are having video or connection issues with Zoom, our recommendation is to have you participate via Zoom with your video turned off and only turn it on when required. Also, disconnect devices from your household wi-fi that are not currently being used to maximize available bandwidth.
Q. What if our household internet or Zoom goes down?
- A. We have learned from other districts that have started with remote learning that these are very possible and that some issues are beyond your control. If this occurs, you should communicate with your teacher(s) as soon as it is possible to do so, and receive guidance on anything that might have been missed.
Q. Why am I not able to properly access Canvas, Seesaw of Zoom?
- A. You should access these programs through Snohomish HelloID. Always access HelloID via the link on a district issued laptop, using the link on your school’s or district’s website or at sno.helloid.com. Do not access via the HelloID main website.