Welcome to Equity and Inclusion
Dear students, families, staff, and community members,
Equity and Inclusion centers on ensuring that each and every student and staff member has access to supports and resources needed to reach their goals and dreams. The Snohomish School District is committed to this effort and works to provide support through communication, relationship building, community engagement, and policy implementation to maintain safe, welcoming, and inclusive environments for learning.
Our focus areas include:
- Collaborative development of equity vision statement (student voice, cross-departmental, and community partners),
- Providing training for staff (CCDEI – cultural competency, diversity, equity, and inclusion),
- Review programs and services to identify areas of celebration and growth.
Our work this year has centered on understanding self and others to become more aware of how we interact with and support one another. Future work will build on these concepts as well as student, family, and community engagement, learning partnerships, and leading for educational equity in support of our district's strategic vision.
Please take a moment to review the following links which speak to addressing needs as well as a brief history of how they came to our awareness.
- Addressing Our Needs: Maslow Comes to Life for Educators and Students
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and Blackfoot (Siksika) Nation Beliefs
- Who Created Maslow’s Iconic Pyramid?
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I appreciate and value the opportunity to hear from you.
Director, Equity and Inclusion
E hele me ka pu'olo. Kulia i ka nu’u.