Back-to-School Information (2023-2024)
- Back-to-school information
- Student Information Verification - August 11-21
- School supply lists
- Middle and high school start-up and registration events
- Elementary meet-the-teacher events
- Student start & dismissal times
- Important 2023-2024 dates
- Food service - Including menus and prices
- Free/reduced meal applications and information
- Student immunizations
- Skyward/Family Access
- Boundaries and school locator
- Subscribe to receive school newsletters
- New student registration
- High school summer assignments
Important school start-up dates
- Wednesday, September 6 – First day of school (first day of school for 1st – 7th and 9th graders).
- Thursday, September 7 and Friday, September 8 - All students except students in kindergarten attend school.
- Wednesday, September 6 through Friday, September 8 - Parent Partnership Program will conduct student learning plan appointments. Classes will begin for Parent Partnership Program students the week of Monday, September 11.
- Monday, September 11 - First day of school for students in kindergarten.
- Wednesday, September 13 - First day of school for students in developmental preschool.
Make sure your child's immunizations are up to date! It is important to make sure your child goes to their regularly scheduled wellness appointments, which often include immunizations. The summer months are a great time to get your child caught up with immunization requirements before the 2023-2024 school year. Schedule your appointments early, as health care providers’ schedules quickly fill up in August and September. Make sure to turn in your updated immunization paperwork to the school by Wednesday, September 6.
This reminder is especially important if your child is transitioning to preschool, kindergarten, or 7th grade, as each of these grades has additional immunization requirements. Please click here for additional information about state vaccine requirements.
For an interactive Washington State Department of Health map of facilities enrolled in the State Childhood and Adult Vaccine Program, please click here.
Every student enrolled/registered in school or childcare in the state of Washington must have medically verified up-to-date immunization records on file with the school in which they are enrolled/registering before the first day of school, 2023-2024. Medically verified immunization records include one or more of the following:
- A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) printed from the Immunization Information System (IIS)
- A physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider signature
- A physical copy of the CIS form with accompanying medical immunization records from a healthcare provider verified and signed by school staff
- A CIS printed from MyIR
Communication from schools
If you would like to receive district and school newsletters, or if you have a high school student who wants to receive the school Daily Bulletin, please subscribe to our district’s listserv subscription tool. For directions on how to subscribe or change your subscription preferences (for those already signed up), please click here.