Back-to-School Information (2022-2023)
- Back-to-school information
- Student Information Verification - August 15-26
- School supply lists
- Middle and high school start-up and registration events
- Elementary meet-the-teacher events
- Student start & dismissal times
- Important 2022-2023 dates
- 2022-2023 multi-page district calendar
- Food service - Including menus and prices
- Free/reduced meal applications and information
- Student immunizations
- Skyward/Family Access
- Plan to ride the bus? Complete the Student Transportation Input Form
- Boundaries and school locator
- Subscribe to receive school newsletters
- New student registration
- High school summer assignments
Important school start-up dates
- Monday, August 15 - High school, middle and elementary school offices will reopen to the public. Please note school offices (especially those at our high schools and during summer school) may be open intermittently between now and Friday, August 12. Please see individual school websites for additional information.
- Monday, August 29 - 2022-2023 transportation/bus routes and schedules will be available for students and families. Please watch for more information throughout the summer.
- Thursday, September 1 - Skyward/Family Access will open at noon (elementary) and 6 p.m. (middle and high school) for viewing teacher assignments, student schedules, food service information and other important information. Please note that individual teacher assignments and student schedules may be subject to change up to the first day of school.
- Wednesday, September 7 – First day of school (first day of school for 1st – 7th and 9th graders).
- Thursday, September 8 and Friday, September 9 - All students except kindergartners attend school.
- Wednesday, September 7-9 - Parent Partnership Program will conduct student interviews. Classes will begin for Parent Partnership Program students the week of Monday, September 12.
- Monday, September 12 - First day of school for students in kindergarten.
- Wednesday, September 14 - First day of school for students in developmental preschool.
Make sure your child's immunizations are up to date! It is important to make sure your child goes to their regularly scheduled wellness appointments, which often include immunizations. The summer months are a great time to get your child caught up with immunization requirements before the 2022-2023 school year. Schedule your appointments early, as health care providers’ schedules quickly fill up in August and September. Make sure to turn in your updated immunization paperwork to the school by Wednesday, September 7.
This reminder is especially important if your child is transitioning to preschool, kindergarten, or 7th grade, as each of these grades has additional immunization requirements. Please click here for additional information about state vaccine requirements.
Every student enrolled/registered in school or childcare in the state of Washington must have medically verified up-to-date immunization records on file with the school in which they are enrolled/registering before the first day of school, 2022-2023. Medically verified immunization records include one or more of the following:
- A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) printed from the Immunization Information System (IIS)
- A physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider signature
- A physical copy of the CIS form with accompanying medical immunization records from a healthcare provider verified and signed by school staff
- A CIS printed from MyIR
Communication from schools
Our school offices will be open beginning Monday, August 15. All schools will be communicating school-specific information to their families shortly thereafter. In the meantime, school-specific information can be found on the district and school websites.
If you would like to receive district and school newsletters, or if you have a high school student who wants to receive the school Daily Bulletin, please subscribe to our district’s listserv subscription tool. For directions on how to subscribe or change your subscription preferences (for those already signed up), please click here.
Student transportation input form
So that we can better plan student transportation needs and routes/schedules for the 2022—2023 school year, we have implemented an online Student Transportation Input Form at www.sno.wednet.edu/ridethebus. Between now and through early summer, we are asking all parents/guardians of 2022-2023 students to please complete this form. The form only needs to be completed once per student. Information gathered through this form will be used to set routes, schedules and pick-up and drop-off locations.