National Junior Honor Society
Our goal for National Junior Honor Society this year is to be in alignment with the national standards to maintain consistency into high school. There are some significant changes from years past, please read carefully.
In order to qualify, you must meet following requirements: maintain a 3.4 grade point average as well as keep a clear discipline record.
The week of March 15, 2021 students who qualify to apply will be notified by letter via U.S. mail. The envelope will also contain an application.
If your child qualifies, they will need to complete the application and either email it to email@example.com or send by mail to:
Valley View Middle School
Attn: Michelle Walker
14308 Broadway Ave SE
Snohomish WA 98296
The application needs to be received by Friday, April 30, 2021. Upon completion of the application, only newly qualified 7th and 8th graders will be inducted. Unfortunately, this year a physical induction will not take place. If you are an 8th grader that was inducted as a 7th grader last year, you will not be inducted a second time.
The five pillars of National Junior Honor Society are:
- Scholarship Per national guidelines, at a minimum, students must have a cumulative GPA of 85, B, 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent standard of excellence. (Each school chapter is allowed to require a higher cumulative GPA, ours at Valley View Middle School is 3.4.)
- Service This involves voluntary contributions made by a student to the school or community, done without compensation.
- Leadership Student leaders are those who are resourceful, good problem solvers, and idea contributors. Leadership experiences can be drawn from school or community activities while working with or for others.
- Character The student of good character is cooperative; demonstrates high standards of honesty and reliability; shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others; and generally, maintains a clean disciplinary record.
- Citizenship The student who demonstrates citizenship understands the importance of civic engagement; has a high regard for freedom and justice; respects democracy; respects the law for all citizens at the local, state, and federal levels; and demonstrates mature participation and responsibility in activities such as scouting, community organizations, or school clubs.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Michelle Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org