Director of bands
- Grizzly Band is the group that the general public thinks of as the high school band. It is the “face” of Glacier Peak High School's band program.
- Marching/Pep Band that supports Glacier Peak High School teams by performing at all home football games (marching & in the stands); selected boys’ and girls’ basketball games and community parades.
- Grizzly Band builds pride in our school & music program.
- Any Glacier Peak High School student (enrolled in a band class or not) can be a member of the Grizzly Band.
- It’s FUN!
- All percussion students in the band program enroll in the Percussion Ensemble class.
- This class focuses on the specific needs of the developing percussionist.
- All types of percussion instruments are covered along with drum line instruction.
- JV and Varsity drum lines compete at regional events.
- JV and Varsity percussion ensemble large groups compete at the regional solo andensemble competition annually.
- Opportunities to compete as small ensembles are also available.
- Wind Ensemble is a performance-oriented course for advanced wind players.
- Enrollment is based on audition and is limited to ensure proper balance of the ensemble.
- Wind Ensemble will give public performances within the community, as well as festivals and competitions throughout the Northwest.
- Private lessons for students in Wind Ensemble are highly recommended.
- Our purpose is to enhance musical skills through performance.
- Students in Wind Ensemble demonstrate a high level of musicianship and skills development.
- Symphonic Band will focus on the performance of quality literature from the band repertoire.
- The primary duty is to prepare students for Wind Ensemble by developing skills necessary for a greater focus on performance.
- Selection of music for this class will enhance the development of each individual’s musical technique and expression.
- Symphonic Band will give local public performances throughout the year as well as regional festivals and competitions.
- Private lessons for students in Symphonic Band are recommended.
- This class is open to all wind instrumentalists and focuses on the development of each individual’s technical proficiency.
- The primary duty is to prepare students for Symphonic Band by developing and refining musical skills.
- This class will concentrate on applying fundamental skills to entertaining and exciting concert band literature.
- Concert Band gives various public performances during the year and will participate in the MPMEA District Band Festival.
- Private lessons for students in Concert Band are recommended.
- Jazz I is the top performing jazz ensemble.
- Membership is through audition only.
- Jazz I members have demonstrated a high level of performance and improvisational abilities.
- This zero hour class will expose students to many different styles of big band music, and will encourage band members to develop improvisational skills.
- The bands will give public performances in the community as well as festivals and competitions throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- Jazz II is a preparatory performance ensemble.
- This is an auditioned group; membership may include non-traditional jazz instruments.
- Students are exposed to many different styles of big band music, and will be encouraged to develop improvisational skills.
- The band will give public performances in the community as well as festivals and competitions throughout the Pacific Northwest.