Kindergarten Registration (2023-2024)
Spring Into Kindergarten - March 1, 2023 - Mark your calendars for our Spring Into Kindergarten event. All kindergarten families and students are highly encouraged to attend. Spring Into Kindergarten will be held on Wednesday, March 1, from 4-7 p.m. at district elementary schools. Families should complete and return their kindergarten registration paperwork that day. Each school will also be conducting school tours and having important information available for families (WaKIDS, PTA/PTO/parent organizations, bus transportation, special services and more).
Age of admission
To enter kindergarten, a child must be 5-years-old on or before August 31. (Note: Please call your school if information is needed regarding early entrance requirements. Depending on availability, early entrance may be considered only if your child’s birthday falls between September 1 and October 31.)
Where to enroll
Your child should be registered before the first day of school at the school nearest your home.
What is needed
Families should complete the online kindergarten registration process (or return completed registration paperwork). The online enrollment process and paper forms will be available by late February 2023 for 2023-2024 kindergarten enrollees. Please note that the online student registration process is the preferred method to complete this process. Those who complete the paper forms should return the completed registration paperwork to your child's district elementary school after March 1. Items that are needed in order to complete the registration process include:
- Proof of birth date (birth certificate or passport)
- Child’s immunization records (child’s immunizations must be up-to-date)
- Emergency contact information and phone numbers (at least two)
- Name and phone number of your family doctor
- Parent’s phone number at work
- Proof of address (see below)
- Any relevant legal documents (parenting plans, protection orders, etc.)
- When registering students who have transferred from another school, please bring the name, address and phone number of the school.
New student enrollment and registration
The Snohomish School District has an online process to enroll new students. This process is only for incoming kindergartners and new students to the district, not students transferring to another school within the district. Prior to using the online application process, families are advised to have the required documents available to upload to the application. You may save as you go and do not have to complete it all in one sitting. The completed application, once submitted online, will be available to the school for approval. Submitted applications will not be approved until all required documents are received by the school.
Kindergarten paperwork and resources
- Click here to download the district's 2023-2024 kindergarten registration handbook.
- New student enrollment (online registration link)
- Entering kindergarten family brochure (available in various languages from OSPI).
- Introducing Me! family connection booklet (available in various languages from OSPI).
If needed - downloadable paper copies of the new student registration packet (2023-2024) are available below.
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms - English (K-6th Grades).
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms - English (7th-12th Grades).
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms - Spanish (K-6th Grades).
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms - Spanish (7th-12th Grades).
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms - Russian (K-6th Grades).
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms - Russian (7th-12th Grades).
Proof of address (at least one)
Our registration policy requires any student/ parent to show proof of residency before acceptance into our school district. Proof of residency is:
- A current Snohomish County property tax statement (original) with the parent/guardian name and address. The address must be within the service area of your home school.
- A current utility bill (PUD, water, phone landline, etc.)
- Lease/rental agreement (original)
- Closing documents in home purchase – Documentation from a title company is acceptable. Purchase offers are not.
- Note: Cell phone bills, vehicle registration and driver’s licenses are not acceptable forms of proof.
Which school will my child attend
For more information on kindergarten registration, please contact the elementary school your child will attend. Unsure of which school your child will attend? Use our SchoolSite Locator Service. Enter an address and the list of schools for that particular address will pop up: