Summer Closure Information
GP Counselors will be out of the office from June 24 to August 24. We look forward to working with you when we return for the 2021-2022 school year.Things you might need while we are away:Crisis SupportText HOME to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor or National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
August 24 and August 25: specific details will be sent home
All graduating seniors will receive a transcript with their diploma (pick up on 6/25). We will mail final transcripts to colleges late June based on requests made in the Senior Exit Survey. We recommend students place new requests with Parchment during the summer. https://www.parchment.com/u/registration/195612/account there is a $4.95 fee for this service. Recently graduated or current students may contact Shannon Aylesworth (firstname.lastname@example.org) while the office is open and Tiffany Sturlaugson (email@example.com) during the office closure in the summer for a free paper transcript.
Work Authorization Signatures
Email Tiffany Sturlaugson @ firstname.lastname@example.orgRunning StartIf you haven't yet applied to Running Start, please visit our website for guidance on how to apply at the local community college. https://www.sno.wednet.edu/domain/3116If you need your RSEVF signed, counselors will be back in August to sign forms. The college quarter does not begin until September 29, so there is time to have your RSEVF signed in August.National Honor SocietyNational Honor Society application for the 2021-2022 school year is now available. Grace Lee is reviewing all current 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students for membership who currently have achieved a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above. Please click on the Microsoft Form link below and complete the application by July 2nd. Only NEW members need to apply. NHS Application for the 2021-2022 School Year: https://forms.office.com/r/Pcx1Pu3wJH Please contact Tiffany Sturlaugson with questions about your GPA @ email@example.comSummer AssignmentsSummer assignments are listed on the GP webpage.Schedule Change RequestsHere is a link to our schedule change request guidelines.
Senior Year 101, Financial Aid and Scholarships
The Glacier Peak Counseling department hosted a webinar for seniors on October 13 and for parents on October 14. A recording of the webinar is accessible on our Glacier Peak YouTube site. The videos are broken up into the three sections presented. Senior Year 101, Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Please refer to this packet for handouts referred to during the presentation. You can access College and Career Pathway Information here. You may access the powerpoint slides here.
Contact Us & Quick Links
- Tammy Amador (last names A-Com) - 360-563-7599 Book a student appointment here!
- Amanda Hansen (last names Con-Has) - 360-563-7598 Book a student appointment here!
- Bri Weimar (last names Hat-McE) - 360-563-7597 Book a student appointment here!
- Ben Chertok (last names McF-R) - 360-563-7596 Book a student appointment here!
- Danielle McHugh (last names S-Z) - 360-563-7601 Book a student appointment here!
- Anna Mason, Student Support Advocate - 360-563-7657
- Cindy Kuehn, Counseling Administrative Assistant - 360-563-7604
- Shannon Aylesworth, Registrar - 360-563-7600
- Lynn Wygant, Registrar Assistant - 360-563-7651
- Kari Winckler, College & Career Center - 360-563-7578 Book an appointment here!
- Counseling Office hours - 7 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Office phone - 360-563-7604
- Registrar Phone - 360-563-7600
- Fax Number - 360-563-7630
- Glacier Peak High School CEEB Code - 481211
- College & Career Center - Resources cover a wide range of interests and needs including but not limited to college planning, visits and applications; scholarships, financial aid, apprenticeship, military options, SAT and ACT testing, Sno-Isle TECH, internships, employment and much more.
- Request a Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation Request Form