Kindergarten Registration (2021-2022)
Age of admission
To enter kindergarten a child must be five years old on or before August 31. (Note: Please call your school if information is needed regarding early entrance requirements. Depending on availability, early entrance may be considered only if your child’s birthday falls between September 1 and October 31.)
Where to enroll
Your child should be registered before the first day of school at the school nearest your home.
What is needed
Families should complete the online kindergarten registration process (or return completed registration paperwork) as soon as possible. Please note that the online student enrollment and registration process is the preferred method to complete this process. Those who have completed the paper forms should return the completed registration paperwork to your child's district elementary school as soon as you are able. Items that are needed in order to complete the registration process include:
- Proof of birth date (birth certificate or passport)
- Child’s immunization records
- Emergency contact information and phone numbers (at least 2)
- Name and phone number of your family doctor
- Parent’s phone number at work
- Proof of address (see below)
- Any relevant legal documents (parenting plans, protection orders, etc.)
- When registering students who have transferred from another school, please bring the name, address and phone number of the school
New student enrollment and registration
Click here to begin the new student online enrollment and registration process. The Snohomish School District has implemented a new online process to enroll new students. his process is only for incoming kindergartners and new students to the district, not students transferring to another school within the district. Prior to using the online application process, families are advised to have the required documents available to upload into the application. You may save as you go and do not have to complete it all in one sitting. The completed application, once submitted online, will be available to the school for approval. Submitted applications will not be approved until all required documents are received by the school.
Kindergarten paperwork and resources
- Click here to download the district's kindergarten registration handbook.
- Entering Kindergarten family brochure (available in various languages from OSPI).
- Introducing Me! family connection booklet (available in various languages from OSPI).
If needed - downloadable paper copies of the new student registration packet are available below. (Note: Utilizing the new online new student enrollment and registration is the preferred method.)
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms (English).
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms (Spanish).
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms (Russian).
Proof of address (at least one)
Our registration policy requires for any student/ parent to show proof of residency before acceptance into our school district. Proof of residency is:
- A current Snohomish County property tax statement (original) with the parent/guardian name and address. The address must be within the service area of your home school.
- A current utility bill (PUD, water, phone landline, etc.)
- Lease/rental agreement (original)
- Closing documents in home purchase – Documentation from a title company is acceptable. Purchase offers are not.
- Note: Cell phone bills, vehicle registration and driver’s licenses are not acceptable forms of proof.
Which school will my child attend
For more information on kindergarten registration, please contact the elementary school your child will attend. Unsure of which school your child will attend? Use our SchoolSite Locator Service. Enter an address and the list of schools for that particular address will pop up: