Kindergarten Registration (2019-2020)
Age of admission
To enter kindergarten a child must be five years old on or before August 31. (Note: Please call your school if information is needed regarding early entrance requirements. Depending on availability, early entrance may be considered only if your child’s birthday falls between September 1 and October 31.)
Where to enroll
Your child should be registered before the first day of school at the school nearest your home. Each school has prepared a registration packet to be completed and returned. If you were unable to attend the March 6 Spring Into Kindergarten, please register as soon as possible.
What to bring
Families should complete and return their kindergarten registration paperwork at our Spring Into Kindergarten event. All kindergarten families and students are highly encouraged to attend this event. Spring Into Kindergarten will be held on Wednesday, March 6, from 4–7 p.m. at district elementary schools. Items you should bring with you in order to complete the registration packet include:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s immunization records
- Emergency contact information and phone numbers (at least 2)
- Name and phone number of your family doctor
- Parent’s phone number at work
- Proof of address (see below)
- Any relevant legal documents (parenting plans, protection orders, etc.)
- When registering students who have transferred from another school, please bring the name, address and phone number of the school
Kindergarten paperwork and resources
- For more information, please contact the elementary school your child will attend or click here.
- Click here to download the district's kindergarten registration handbook.
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms (English).
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms (Spanish).
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms (Russian).
- Entering Kindergarten family brochure (available in various languages from OSPI).
- Introducing Me! family connection booklet (available in various languages from OSPI).
Proof of address (at least one)
Our registration policy requires for any student/ parent to show proof of residency before acceptance into our school district. Proof of residency is:
- A current Snohomish County property tax statement (original) with the parent/guardian name and address. The address must be within the service area of your home school.
- A current utility bill (PUD, water, phone landline, etc.)
- Closing documents in home purchase – Documentation from a title company is acceptable. Purchase offers are not.
- Note: Cell phone bills, vehicle registration and driver’s licenses are not acceptable forms of proof.
Which school will my child attend
For more information on kindergarten registration, please contact the elementary school your child will attend. Unsure of which school your child will attend? Use our SchoolSite Locator Service. Enter an address and the list of schools for that particular address will pop up: