The Snohomish School District Board of Directors is composed of five district citizens elected by voters to four-year terms. Their authority is established by the Washington State Legislature (in Section 28A of the Revised Code of Washington), and they act under the direction and restrictions of state law. The School Board's legal responsibilities are to:
- Establish general policy for the school system.
- Employ school personnel upon recommendation of the superintendent.
- Adopt the annual operating budget.
- Exercise the legislative powers conferred by the Legislature in overseeing school functions.
- Select the superintendent of schools.
Important School Board Links