Parkway Apex Lab, 360-563-3421
525 13th Street, Snohomish, WA
June Shirey, 360-563-3401
Apex courses are semester long courses. They require the same dedication of learning time as a classroom course. Students will spend nearly 90 hours, plus homework time, in a course. Online classes are not a shortcut to credit. Dedicated, intensive, independent learning is required. Apex classes must be completed within the time frame of the summer session.
Summer Apex courses will run Monday, July 8-Friday, August 2, 2019. No lab on July 4. All written assignments and unit tests must be completed prior to taking the final tests during the summer. The last day for all testing is August 2.
What to do:
- A complete registration includes counselor, student, and parent signatures on registration form.
- All class fees need to be paid at Snohomsih HIgh School or Glacier Peak High School bookkeeping office, and receipt attached to form.
- After June 21, the registration form and bookkeeping receipt must be turned in on the first day of summer school/lab opening, July 8.
- Please bring a current report card or transcript if unable to obtain a counselor’s signature.
- Orientation for Apex Summer School is required of all new students and parents.
- Orientation for Apex Summer School classes - Only one required for new students: June 18, 7 p.m. OR July 8 at 8 a.m. Location: Parent Parternship Program Lab at the Parkway Campus.
- The Parkway Apex office and lab hours for summer are 8 a.m.-noon, starting July 8–August 2. No Glacier Peak High School lab during the summer. Teachers are available for Apex students during Apex lab hours, as posted in the lab schedule. All tests must be taken in the Parkway or Glacier Peak High School labs, to be proctored.
- Cell phones must be out of sight and not used in the lab.
- Students may receive help during lab time. However, this is not to be viewed as a regular private tutoring option. Students must be able to study and learn independently to be successful.