Basic Apex Info
Apex courses are semester long courses. They require the same dedication of learning time as a classroom course. Students will spend nearly 90 hours, plus homework time, in a course.
Online classes are not a shortcut to credit. Dedicated, intensive, independent learning is required.
Apex classes must be completed within the time frame of the school semester, unless the student is paying for the course. The last day for fall 2016 Apex classes is January 26, 2017.
Apex courses must be completed before the last day of the semester. All written assignments and unit tests must be completed by January 23, 2017 prior to taking the final tests during the semester.
What to do
- A complete registration includes counselor, student, and parent signatures, on the two-sided form.
- Any class fees need to be paid at the high school bookkeeping office.
- Orientation attendance is required of all new students and parents. Orientations begin at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, September 13, at the Parkway lab. They also will be held September 20 and September 27 at 7 p.m.
- Fall lab hours begin on September 14, 2016.
- The Parkway Apex office and lab hours are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 2:30-4:30 p..m., and Tuesdays 3:30-6:30 p.m.
- Glacier Peak High School lab time is TBD.
- Teachers are available for Apex students during Apex lab hours, as posted in the lab schedule.
- All tests must be taken in the Parkway or Glacier Peak High School labs and must be proctored.
- Students may receive help during lab time. However, this is not to be viewed as a regular private tutoring option. Students must be able to study and learn independently in order to be successful.