Apex At A Glance
- Apex courses are semester long courses. They require the same dedication of learning time as a classroom course. Students will spend nearly 90 hours, plus homework time, in a course.
- Online classes are not a shortcut to credit. Dedicated, intensive, independent learning is required.
- Apex courses must be completed before the last day of the semester. All written assignments and unit tests must be completed prior to taking the final tests during the semester.
- NCAA requires that students take Apex distance courses which set their own schedule and timeline. However, the same registrations form is used, through your high school counselor.
What to do
- A complete registration includes counselor, student, and parent signatures, on the two-sided form.
- Any class fees need to be paid at the high school bookkeeping office.
- Orientation attendance is required of all new students and parents.
- The Parkway Apex office and lab hours are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2:30-4:30 p.m., and Tuesday from 3:15-6:30 p.m.
- Glacier Peak High School lab time is Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Teachers are available for Apex students during Apex lab hours, as posted in the lab schedule.
- All tests must be taken in the Parkway Campus or Glacier Peak High School labs and must be proctored.
- Students may receive help during lab time. However, this is not to be viewed as a regular private tutoring option. Students must be able to study and learn independently in order to be successful.