The recreation pool supports a variety of structured and non-structured activities including swimming lessons, water fitness and water play. The recreation pool temperature is 83-86 degrees Fahrenheit.
Children learn to swim in a fun, safe environment at the Snohomish Aquatic Center. Our programs teach guests to swim independently, develop good technique, and important safety skills.
Recreation pool features:
- Recreation lap pool - This body of water includes three, 20-yard lap lanes and ample space for swimming lessons and recreational play.
- Zero-depth entry area - Designed for toddlers and those with physical limitations.
- Shallow-water area – Designed for preschool and beginner swimmers.
- Hot tub – Designed to accommodate the special needs of our guests, water temperature is 102 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lazy river – Designed in a figure 8 shape to allow guests to glide through the water on tubes. In addition, water fit classes may also take place in the river section of the facility.
- Spray-play area – Designed to provide a fun, interactive aquatic wonderland for young swimmers.
- Splashtacular – This enclosed waterslide provides a fun, corkscrew ride starting inside the center, spiraling out of the building and back in, ending in the recreation pool. OurSplashtacular is 151-feet long and 20-feet high. Guests must be at least 48-inches tall and pass a swim test to slide.
- FlowRider – This surf-simulation machine— the only one of its kind in the area—crosses snowboarding, skateboarding and wakeboarding into an exciting ride with plenty of challenges and a whole lot of fun! Guests must be 42-inches tall to ride the boogie boards and 52-inches tall and less than 250 pounds to ride the stand-up boards.
Recreation pool activities:
- Open/recreational swim
- Parent and tot programming
- Surf-simulation machine
- Aqua basketball hoops
- Lazy river
- Swim lessons/clinics
- Homeschool program
- Open lap swim
- Water fitness
- Stroke clinics
- Theme nights