Per Governor Inslee’s mandate, face coverings/masks are now required for outdoor events with 500 or more people, regardless of vaccination status (see page 2). Please remember this when attending outdoor school district athletic events, as this new mandate will be strictly enforced for all those attending.
Our district and schools will be proactive in adhering to these guidelines with increased facility signage, in-game public announcements, in-school student reminders, etc. that highlight the face covering/masking expectations. The same guidelines hold true when attending away (non-home) events and activities.
The Governor's office and Washington State Department of Health have noted they will allow K-12 athletics and extracurricular activities to continue so long as they trust that their member schools will enforce the mandate at each and every event. All of us have done tremendous work over the last 18 months to get athletics and activities back up and running with fans. We kindly request that all those in attendance please adhere to the mandates to make sure these participation opportunities continue to be available for our students. Please be kind to our employees as they enforce this state-level mandate in order to keep our students, staff, families and community safe and healthy.
2021-22 Fall Sports Parent/Guardian Meeting
Thank you to the parent/guardians that were able to make the Fall Sports Parent Meeting on Tuesday, August 31. A copy of the PowerPoint presentation is below, for all to reference. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to your coach or the Athletic Office.
Fall Sports Parent/Guardian Presentation: Fall Sports Presentation
2021-22 Sports Season Start Dates
- August 18, 2021: Football (grades 10-12). 9th grade football will begin on August 26.
- August 23, 2021: Volleyball, boys cross country, girls cross country, girls soccer, boys tennis, girls swim & dive
- August 26, 2021: Football (grade 9)
- November 15, 2021: Boys basketball, girls basketball, boys wrestling, girls wresting, boys swim & dive
- February 28, 2022: Baseball, softball, boys track & field, girls track & field, boys golf, girls golf, boys soccer, girls tennis