Hello Central Emerson Elementary families!
My name is Crystal Williams, and I am the full-time school counselor at the Central campus for Central Emerson Elementary. I have my masters degree in social work from the University of Washington and have worked as an elementary school counselor for six years. I love my job and supporting students, classrooms, and families!
I support all students with social emotional learning lessons in the classroom. I also provide small group support services and short-term, solution-focused individual counseling on an as-needed basis. I collaborate and consult with families and staff in creating a supportive school-wide counseling program. You can find me in classrooms, outside during recess, in the lunchroom, greeting students, or in my office.
Please feel free to contact me. I can be reached at the email and phone number listed below or stop by the Central Elementary office to make an appointment.
Crystal Williams, MSW
Central Emerson Elementary (Central Campus)
Hello students and families!
Thank you for visiting the Central Emerson Elementary school counseling webpage. My name is Jamie Walton, and I am thrilled to be your school counselor. This will be my fifth year as a counselor at Central Emerson Elementary with 21 years overall in education, previously being a high school teacher. My goal is to create a safe and welcoming environment for everyone and ensure all students thrive in school. My office is a friendly space for students to reach out for help and learn strategies to navigate towards a successful school year.
The Snohomish School District School counseling department provides a comprehensive counseling program catered to student progress in the areas of academic, social-emotional, and career development. This is achieved through prevention and intervention services as described below:
- Individual counseling: Provide short-term counseling support to address concerns in academic, social-emotional and career development.
- Crisis intervention: Support and connect students and families to resources during a crisis or emergency.
- Group counseling: Provide short-term small group counseling focused on common concerns in academic or social-emotional areas.
- Social-emotional lessons (SEL): Present lessons in the classrooms focused on topics of academic, social-emotional or career development.
- Schoolwide initiatives: Coordinate and plan activities including, but not limited to, Start with Hello Week, Snapshot Crew, Great Kindness Challenge, etc.
- Collaboration and consultation: Collaborate and consult with students, parents, staff, and other stakeholders to advocate for student needs (e.g. classroom interventions, academic plans, behavior plans, 504s, IEPs, etc.)
- Community resources and referrals: Direct students and parents to school or community resources such as therapy, food, housing, clothing, healthcare, childcare, etc.
I am looking forward to working together with you. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via phone call or email. Let’s have a great year!
Central Emerson Elementary (Emerson Campus)