Technology Protection Plans
Secondary students will be expected to bring a laptop to school every day. The laptop must be charged and ready to use for classroom learning. Snohomish School District will provide laptops for all secondary students who need a laptop. Students may choose to use their own device. When students receive a district laptop, the student will also receive information about the Technology Protection Plan.
- Click here to download the Technology Protection Plan (English)
- Click here to download the Technology Protection Plan (Spanish)
- Click here to download the Technology Protection Plan (Russian)
Due to the high replacement cost of a laptop, the option of purchasing a Technology Protection Plan can help offset costs in the event a laptop is damaged, lost or stolen. See plan for specific coverage. The standard enrollment fee for the Technology Protection Plan is $30. Students eligible for the free/reduced lunch program will be automatically enrolled. Students must fill out a free/reduced application to be approved.
To purchase the Technology Protection Plan return the form and pay the fee to your students' school. These forms can be mailed, emailed, or faxed to the school.
Payment for the Technology Protection Plan can be done by:
- Paid on-line though our district’s InTouch online payment system.
- Checks can be dropped off or mailed through USPS directly to your student's school. Click here to be redirected to all school mailing addresses, phone numbers and fax numbers (www.sno.wednet.edu/ourschools)
- Payment must be received by Friday, September 30.
- Families may purchase the protection plan after September 30 with verification of working and undamaged laptop.
In opting out of the Technology Protection Plan, the family will accept full responsibility for any cost related to damage, loss, or theft. The replacement cost of a district laptop is $350. The replacement cost of a charging cord is $25.
Student accounts will be assessed fines immediately upon determination of damage and/or replacement of the laptop or cord.
Please contact your student's school for any questions regarding laptop distribution and the protection plan.
Electronic Resources and Internet Safety - 2022
Electronic Resources and Internet Safety Procedures - 2022P