This is a list of upcoming opportunities that have been sent to me by various people in our community:
- Mill Creek Carnival - Gold Creek Church 10/25. See sign up genius for shift times. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4aaca623aaf49-mill1
- Snohomish Food Bank - Saturday student time slots (10-2). Email SCFBstudents@gmail.com to sign up.
- Tutoring at Valley View Middle School. Ongoing Tues-Thurs 2:15-3:15 and Fri 12:15-2:00. Contact Mr. Burdon at 360-563-4231 or email@example.com
- Maltby Food Bank Ongoing 360-668-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project Harvest- Ongoing Project Harvest is looking for volunteers to help harvest fresh produce for our local food banks. For more information, visit www.voaww.org/projectharvest.
- Forterra- Ongoing Forterra holds several habitat and ecosystem restoration work parties in Snohomish County each month. For a complete list of upcoming opportunities and information on volunteering, visit http://forterra.org/events.
- Special Olympics- Volunteers are needed for several events this summer. For more information, visit http://specialolympicswashington.org/volunteer/.
- Snohomish County Volunteer Search and Rescue K9 Group has volunteer opportunities for students who are 18 years old. They meet most Saturdays for wilderness training, and the 2nd &and 4th Sundays of the month for urban trailing training. Contact Wendy Bowlin at email@example.com for more information
- Helping Hands thrift store in Bothell needs volunteers pricing, restocking, and testing electronics. Hours are flexible between the hours of 10-4 Monday through Satyurday. Contact Liz Medina at 425-481-6682 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- YMCA - requesting a volunteer from Glacier Peak High Scchool to help with child care at Little Cedars after school and on Fridays. Contact Therese Huri at email@example.com
- Sharing Wheels Community Bike Shop is a nonprofit that helps provide refurbished bikes to low income people. They hold Thursday night work parties and have several single day opportunities to volunteer. No experience necessary. Find more information at: http://getconnected.uwsc.org/need/detail/?need_id=419211.
- The Snohomish Farmer’s Market has several opportunities as they ready for the market opening in May. These include poster distribution, and other miscellaneous tasks. Interested students can contact the market manager, Sarah at 425-280-4150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Snohomish Community Kitchen needs volunteers to help serve meals St. John’s on 2nd Street on Mondays and Thursdays from 3 to 7 p.m. Please call 360-568-4622 or 360-568-3849 to sign up for a shift.
- Fabulously Frugal Thrift Shop, whose proceeds benefit the Snohomish Senior Center is looking for volunteers to help in the store on 2nd Street. For more information contact Erica at 360 568 0934 or email@example.com.
- Homeward Pet Adoption - Ongoing opportunity. https://www.justserve.org/projects/f43567cb-3488-4e88-937d-9e73a7aac5ed
- Summer Junior Flyer - This was handed out at the senior meeting June 18, 2019)
Not seeing anything you like? Try these resources!
Check our pre-approved list for ideas or use the following websites to help you search for service opportunities: