Have an upcoming event in need of volunteers? Email Mr. May to get it listed here.
This is a list of upcoming opportunities that have been sent to me by various people in our community. Please note that some activities may be canceled or modified due to COVID-19 protocols. Please reach out to the organization directly if you are interested in volunteering and bring your Verification Form with you to get signed!
- The Pond and Beyond May 21st - Click here for more info.
- Food Bank Farm - Sunday 5/22. Help harvest fresh food from local farms that will be provided to food banks in our area. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4ba8a92cabfe3-20211
- Valley View Track Meet: need help on Thursday May 26, 2022 to assist in the track meet. Meet will be from 4-7 and we would like volunteers there by 3 to help set up. Please contact Brian Johnson for more information 360 563 4242.
- Special Olympics- Volunteers are needed for several events. For more information, visit https://specialolympicswashington.org/volunteer/event-volunteers/
- April 30, May 1, May 7, May 15
- Snohomish TOP Soccer begins April 8. Help kids who require more assistance learn to play soccer. Saturdays at Veterans Memorial Stadium in Snohomish. Contact Linda Kautz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Snohomish Food Bank - Volunteer schedule is FULL. Juniors can start volunteering in June.
- Girls on the Run Help with the 5k race in Snohomish. June 11th (could be a good option for current Juniors): If you have any questions about volunteering, please email email@example.com. If you are ready to sign up: https://www.girlsontherunsnoco.org/5K/fbclid/IwAR1hAxc-wIQ6jebanYIwzCRRZuen0XbHvhrGMs1QWS8oIolvtMusDYjYGYQ#show-volunteer
- AFSP (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention) Fundraiser Carwash. See flyer here.
- Empowering Strides - help with lessons and horse care for this organization that provides therapeutic horsemanship to children who face behavioral, emotional, or cognitive challenges. See flyer here.
- Snohomish Kids Cafe - join volunteers in our effort to feed children and families from our community. View informational memo here.
- Maltby Food Bank Ongoing 360-668-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Snohomish County Volunteer Search and Rescue K9 Group has volunteer opportunities for high school seniors age 17 and above. For information about volunteering for Saturday wilderness trainings at various locations throughout Snohomish county contact Wendy Bowlin at email@example.com. For information about volunteering for Sunday urban trailing trainings near where you live contact Linda Binkley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Project Harvest- Ongoing Project Harvest is looking for volunteers to help harvest fresh produce for our local food banks. For more information, visit www.voaww.org/projectharvest.
- Forterra- Ongoing Forterra holds several habitat and ecosystem restoration work parties in Snohomish County each month. For a complete list of upcoming opportunities and information on volunteering, visit http://forterra.org/events.
- Helping Hands thrift store in Bothell needs volunteers pricing, restocking, and testing electronics. Hours are flexible between the hours of 10-4 Monday through Saturday. Contact Liz Medina at 425-481-6682 or email@example.com
- YMCA - requesting a volunteer from Glacier Peak High School to help with child care at Little Cedars after school and on Fridays. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharing Wheels Community Bike Shop is a nonprofit that helps provide refurbished bikes to low income people. They hold Thursday night work parties and have several single day opportunities to volunteer. No experience necessary. Find more information at: http://getconnected.uwsc.org/need/detail/?need_id=419211.
- The Snohomish Farmer’s Market has several opportunities as they ready for the market opening in May. These include poster distribution, and other miscellaneous tasks. Interested students can contact the market manager, Sarah at 425-280-4150 or email@example.com.
- The Snohomish Community Kitchen needs volunteers to help serve meals St. John’s on 2nd Street on Mondays and Thursdays from 3 to 7 p.m. Please call 360-568-4622 or 360-568-3849 to sign up for a shift.
- Fabulously Frugal Thrift Shop, whose proceeds benefit the Snohomish Senior Center is looking for volunteers to help in the store on 2nd Street. For more information contact Erica at 360 568 0934 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Homeward Pet Adoption - Ongoing opportunity. https://www.justserve.org/projects/f43567cb-3488-4e88-937d-9e73a7aac5ed
- Campus Clean Up - Fridays after school from 12:45-2:45 p.m., you can earn 1-2 hours of community service. This will consist of campus clean up. See your club advisor or Mr. McCallum (Security Guard) for any details.
- See our summer flyer to check out summer opportunities!
Not seeing anything you like? Try these resources!
Check our pre-approved list for ideas or use the following websites to help you search for service opportunities: