Commonly Requested District Forms & Documents
Variance renewals for out-of-district students who are currently (2019-2020) enrolled in the Snohomish School District may be submitted beginning January 2, 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year. Variance consideration will begin March 2.
Variance requests for new out-of-district students may be submitted beginning January 2, 2020, for the 2020-2021 school year. Notification of acceptance will begin after March 2, 2020. Beginning April 15, new out-of-district variance requests will be held until August 24. After August 24, requests will be considered on a first-come, first-served (of the original request) basis relative to each school’s enrollment and available staffing.
Variance requests denied at one school may be offered attendance at another school where capacity and available staffing indicates that space is available.
The district has provisions to allow students to attend schools outside of their attendance areas in special situations. Please see board policy and procedures for information about the requirements to be considered for a school variance.
School variance forms can be:
- Downloaded and printed out. Please see the database above. Filter by form type - Variance.
- Picked up at the Resource and Service Center (1601 Avenue D in Snohomish) between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Requested by calling 360-563-7240.
All variance forms can be found above by filtering for form type - Variance.
If you reside in the Snohomish School District, but would like to attend a Snohomish School District school that is not your neighborhood school, complete the appropriate in-district variance request form.
- Elementary/Secondary - Click above to download the In-District Variance Elementary Request Form. Please complete this form and return to the district office by attaching to e-mail and sending to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing to Sonya Lang, Snohomish School District, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290.
- Non-Resident Variance - If you would like to attend Snohomish School District and you live outside of the district, obtain a Choice Transfer Request from your current/assigned school district.
Resident Release If you are a Snohomish School District resident and want to attend a school outside of the district, complete a Choice Transfer Release
- Complete the Choice Transfer Request by accessing the Choice Transfer Request Portal - https://eds.ospi.k12.wa.us/ChoiceTransferRequest
- Or click above to download the Choice Transfer Request in paper form. Please complete this form and return to the district office by attaching to e-mail and sending to email@example.com or mailing to Sonya Lang, Snohomish School District, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290.