Summer 2023 Literacy Opportunities
Our district's Book Cafe hits the road and delivers books to kids throughout our district during the summer months. The Book Cafe is in need of good to gently used preschool/children/teen books. All of the school libraries in the Snohomish School District are happy to accept book donations during the school year and will send them to the Book Cafe. Donations can also be dropped at the district office (1601 Avenue D in Snohomish). Chapter books, story books, board books and kids magazines are always needed. If you have new to gently used soccer equipment, jump ropes and sidewalk chalk, kids who visit the Book Cafe are also in great appreciation of these items as well.
Book Cafe - Keep a lookout for the Book Café in a neighborhood near you! The Book Café delivers free books for students to read throughout the summer. Watch for the Book Café vehicle this summer (July 11- August 17)!
- 11:15 a.m.- Three Rivers Mobile Home Park (13201 Elliott Road in Snohomish)
- Noon - Snohomish Boys & Girls Club (402 2nd Street in Snohomish)
- 11 a.m.- Plantation Mobile Home Park (9425 56th Street SE in Snohomish)
- 11:30 a.m.- Snohomish Mobile Home Park (1330 Avenue D in Snohomish)
- 12:30 p.m.- Circle H Mobile Home Park (6413 123rd Avenue SE in Snohomish)
School library information - The following elementary school libraries will be open every Wednesday (July 5 through August 16) from 9-11 a.m. :
- Cascade View Elementary (2401 Park Avenue in Snohomish)
- Cathcart Elementary (8201 188th Street SE in Snohomish)
- Dutch Hill Elementary (8231 131st Avenue SE in Snohomish)
- Central Emerson Elementary (Emerson Campus) (1103 Pine Avenue in Snohomish)
- Little Cedars Elementary (7408 144th Place SE in Snohomish)
- Machias Elementary (231 147th Avenue SE in Snohomish)
- Riverview Elementary (7322 64th Street SE in Snohomish)
- Seattle Hill Elementary (12711 51st Avenue SE in Everett)
- Totem Falls Elementary (14211 Sno-Cascade Drive in Snohomish)
A Snohomish School District staff member is available at each location to greet students and their families and to check-out books. Students must be accompanied by an adult. All students are welcome at any location, including entering kindergartners.
Interested in donating books to the Snohomish Book Cafe? During the school year, all Snohomish School District school offices and libraries in the Snohomish School District are happy to take your book donations and send them to the Book Café. (Please only drop off books inside during school office hours. Do not leave boxes of books outside of the school office.) Donations can also be dropped at the district office (1601 Avenue D in Snohomish).What is needed:
New children’s books on the “Book Café Amazon Wish List” can also be purchased directly from Amazon at www.sno.wednet.edu/bookcafewishlist.Please note that high-school age and adult books, magazines, reference books, etc. are not needed and cannot be accepted at this time.Interested in donating money to the Snohomish Book Café? Monetary donations support students with new books, as well as gas for the book mobile bus runs. Contact the Snohomish Book Café for more information or donate online with the Snohomish Education Foundation and designate funds to "Book Café." For more information, please contact Danielle Baker, district teacher and Book Café coordinator, email@example.com regarding monetary donations.
- New and gently used chapter books (for grades K-8)
- New and gently used story books (for grades K-8)
- New and gently used board books (for grades K-8)
- New and gently used kids magazines (for grades K-8)
Click here to learn more about the history of the Book Cafe.
Email Danielle Baker, Book Cafe coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.