Snohomish K-6 Remote
Snohomish K-6 Remote
Sam Hanson, Principal
Michele Heim, Administrative Assistant
1103 Pine Avenue
Snohomish, WA 98290
- Website - www.sno.wednet.edu/ssdremote
- Email - email@example.com
- Phone - 360-563-7366
- Student technology support - 360-563-1500
General program description
Snohomish K-6 Remote (2021-2022) differs from what was offered last (2020-2021) school year:
- Live instruction will start at 9 a.m. and end at 2:30 p.m.
- Students will be unenrolled from their local elementary school and will be re-enrolled in our district-wide Snohomish K-6 Remote program.
- Students will receive live instruction (a combination of whole-class, small-group, and 1:1 instruction) through a screen for roughly five (5) hours a day. The remaining hours in the school day will be independent learning and will include asynchronous PE, music and library each week.
- Students will continue instruction through Zoom and will continue to use the Canvas platform.
- Students will continue to receive individualized instruction in programs for which they qualify (special education, English language instruction, highly capable instruction, etc.)
- It is possible students may be placed in a multi-age classroom (for example, a 1/2 split classroom).
- Class structure will be based on enrollment in the program. The district reserves the right to change/adjust teachers and class size.
- Materials students need for instruction, including laptops and wifi hotspots, will be provided. Materials will be periodically distributed, and parents/guardians will be expected to pick-up at a central district location.
- Meal service will be provided for those interested. Parents/guardians will be expected to pick-up in the morning before each school day at a central district location.
- Snohomish K-6 Remote teachers will be physically based at a district school and will be available by Zoom, email or phone.
Sample daily schedule
- 9-10:30 a.m. – Live instruction via Zoom
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. – Recess
- 10:45-Noon – Live instruction via Zoom
- Noon-12:35 p.m. – Lunch/Recess
- 12:35-1:50 p.m. – Live instruction via Zoom
- 1:50-2 p.m. – Recess
- 2-2:30 p.m. – Live instruction via Zoom
- 2:30-3:15 p.m. – Students working independently and asynchronously (PE, music and library)
- Students who are applying for this program must be a resident of the Snohomish School District. If space is available, we may consider students from outside the district/on variance.
- Students enrolled in this program need to remain enrolled in the program for an entire semester. Any requests to return to a student’s previous home school will be considered by the district and will be based on space/availability.
- Students enrolled in this program will be expected to have their screens on and remain engaged throughout the school day. Students will be marked absent if they are not physically present during the live Zoom.
- Students who did not have success in distance/remote learning in the past may not find this program of benefit.
- Students who had success distance/remote learning in the past were those who had strong attendance and who made growth in academic areas.