Agriculture Sciences

  • Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses let you explore careers, learn new skills and gain hands-on experience. In some cases, you can earn CTE college credit or an industry certification while in high school. Learn more about CTE student leadership programs at OSPI CTE.
    Classes you can take in high school (Note: Check with your school for availability.)
    • Plant Biology - Science Equivalency
    • Advanced Plant Biology - Science Equivalency
    • Floral Design - Art Equivalency
    • Animal Biology - Science Equivalency
    • Advanced Animal Biology - Science Equivalency
    • Agroecology - Science Equivalency

    What you can do right after high school

    • Get an entry-level job
      • Short-term, on-the-job training (less than one month)
      • Nursery worker
      • Farm and ranch worker
    • CTE Dual Credit - Use the college credit you earn through a pathway
    • Continue your education and training at a technical school, two-year community college, or four-year university. Here are some examples:
      • Skagit Valley College - Veterinary assistant
      • Washington State University - Plant science, viticulture, and Crop science, wildlife ecology, agriculture, veterinary medicine
      • University of Washington - Aquatic and fishery science
    • Long-term, on-the-job training (more than one year)
      • Meat cutter
      • Water treatment operator
      • Veterinary assistant
    • Associates degree
      • Environmental engineering technician
      • Forestry technician
      • Animal imaging technician
      • Landscape design specialization
    • Bachelors degree
      • Food scientist
      • Animal scientist
      • Forester
      • Natural sciences manager
      • Wildlife biologist
    • Professional degree
      • Veterinarian

    Career information
    Career information is available on Hello ID-High School Beyond Plan-Career Planner. More information about careers, job trends and educational programs can be found at: