Flier Program Details & Request for Distribution
Fliers will be posted weekly (August through June). The Snohomish School District supports efforts to involve students in enrichment activities. Only announcements of programs/services for non-profit/not-for-profit organizations will be accepted. Local, regional, or national not-for-profit organizations are encouraged to submit information about their programs and activities for posting on our website. All information must meet criteria set by board policy and procedure (4323 and 4323P). Click here to download a Request for Distribution of Information form which must be completed with each request for distribution.
Can I distribute to students?
Materials submitted by outside organizations will not be made available to students and families unless authorization has been received from the Superintendent or designee. All written materials must abide by the policies of Snohomish School District and be consistent with the goals of the district. The district reserves the right to deny a request. Written materials that are distributed or posted must be appropriate for school-aged children as well as parents and the general public.
The district can distribute:
- Announcements of programs/services for non-profit organizations. See district policy and procedure 4323 and 4323P for more information.
The district cannot distribute:
- Are obscene, lewd or vulgar;
- Are libelous;
- Contain language that is intimidating, demeaning, harassing, threatening on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital or veteran status;
- Promote commercial enterprises or solicitation of funds, except for events that are fundraisers for the district, a school in the district, or a parent organization;
- Request information for non-school organizations, including surveys and questionnaires;
- Promote or oppose political candidates, memberships or issues;
- Promote the violation of existing laws, regulations, ordinances, or district/school policies, rules or regulations; or
- Solicit, proselytize or disparage religious beliefs.
How are the materials distributed?
Materials submitted by outside organizations will only be made available electronically on the Snohomish School District website and on all school websites. Printed copies may also be made available in school offices. Materials will not be distributed directly to students before, during or after the school day. Organizations are not allowed to come in and provide handouts and/or do demonstrations for students before, during or after the school day.
Do I need to include the district's disclaimer on my flier?
Yes, the district’s policy is that all fliers distributed in schools and electronically must display the district’s disclaimer before it can be approved - “The Snohomish School District has approved this information for distribution through its schools. The district does not, however, assume sponsorship of/or responsibility for the actual content of any of the activities offered.”
When are the fliers posted to the district’s website?
Fliers are updated weekly – usually on Tuesdays – during the months of August through June. It takes time to have your materials reviewed, so plan ahead and submit your flier with plenty of time to spare.
Directions for flier review
- Complete a Request for Distribution of Information form (must be completed with each request for distribution);
- Attach a copy of current official documentation of Washington state or U.S. non-profit (501c) status (must be submitted once per calendar year);
- Attach an electronic (pdf) copy of the material you wish to distribute; and
- Email all information to email@example.com
- Fliers will only be considered for review if they contain the following statement/disclaimer: “The Snohomish School District has approved this information for distribution through its schools. The district does not, however, assume sponsorship of/or responsibility for the actual content of any of the activities offered.”
Completed forms may be brought to the district Resource and Service Center (1601 Avenue D in Snohomish). Please provide an electronic device with your flier to be uploaded. Please plan on review of your request to take up to 10 business days. Once we receive your flier it must then be reviewed and either approved or denied by the Superintendent or a designee.
A confirmation email will be sent notifying the sender that the proposed flier has been reviewed and is approved or denied.
How long will my flier remain on the website?
Your flier will typically remain online until the end of the school year (June). Fliers are categorized by month/year in which the flier was approved for posting. We may perform periodic site maintenance where the flier will be unavailable for a short period of time.
I want to place some paper copies of my flier in the schools. How do I do that?
The schools will place up to 30 copies of the approved in the office or another location the principal designates as the community information center.
- Step 1 - Provide your own copies (up to 30 copies for each school).
- Step 2 – Individuals requesting flier distribution will need to bring copies of the flier and a copy of the approval confirmation email to each of our schools. District resources cannot be used to make or distribute copies.
Reference SSD Board Policy 4323 and Procedure 4323P. If you have questions please contact us at:
- Snohomish School District, Resource and Service Center, Communications Department, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290