- Department Homepage
- Who's Who in Communications
- District-Approved Community Fliers
- Newsletters & Communications
- Media Inquiries
- Publications & Student Photographs
- Release of Student Directory Information
- School Messenger
- A Day in the Life Project
- Website Accessibility
- Social Media
District teams busy maintaining schools and campuses
Our district’s maintenance and custodial teams have had an incredibly busy summer and the first few months of school! Below are just some of the summer and early fall projects that were completed or will be completed in the immediate future. As additional projects are completed in the months ahead, we will share information in future Dear Friends newsletters. Projects were made possible through funding provided by our local voter-approved levies. Thank you, Snohomish, for your ongoing support of our schools and campuses!
- The roof at Central Emerson Elementary (Emerson Campus) was replaced.
- Sections of the original Centennial Middle School building were reroofed.
- The roofs of five double portable classrooms were replaced (two at Cathcart Elementary, one at Seattle Hill Elementary, one at Totem Falls Elementary and one at Dutch Hill Elementary).
- The roof at the Resource and Service Center was replaced.
Siding and painting
- The exterior of Central Emerson Elementary (Emerson Campus) was repainted.
- Large portions of siding were replaced on four double classroom portables (two at Cathcart Elementary, one at Seattle Hill Elementary and one at Dutch Hill Elementary).
- New gates and permanent fencing were added to the Seattle Hill Elementary campus.
- Fencing and gates were added to the back campus at Machias Elementary.
- New gates and fencing were added to the Cathcart Elementary campus.
- New gates and fencing were added to the Parkway Campus.
Cameras and intercoms
- The intercom system at Central Emerson Elementary (Emerson Campus) was replaced.
- Security camera systems were installed at Riverview Elementary, Machias Elementary and Totem Falls Elementary.
- Security cameras will soon be installed at the district’s Transportation Center and Resource and Service Center.
Furnaces and HVAC
- Several furnaces were replaced at the older district elementary schools.
- Approximately 780 HVAC unit filters were replaced across the district.
Facilities and grounds
- Custodial, grounds and landscaping crews were busy preparing school classrooms and campuses for the return of school.
- Detention ponds at Glacier Peak High School, Little Cedars Elementary and the Snohomish Aquatic Center were cleaned out.
- The tracks at Centennial Middle School and Valley View Middle School were power washed and restriped extending their life.
- Custodial teams refinished gymnasium floors across the district.
Post-pandemic furniture moves
- Our custodians were very busy this summer helping our schools and campuses transition out of the pandemic. Due to the pandemic, significant number of desks, tables and furniture needed to be returned back into the buildings or had to be moved to storage or surplussed. For example, during COVID-19 many of our district lunch rooms had been utilizing desks so students could sit six-feet apart. Those desks needed to be redistributed or moved out altogether.