- Department Homepage
- Who's Who in Communications
- Newsletters & Communications
- Media Inquiries
- Student Photographs
- School Messenger
- Website Accessibility
- Social Media
Strategic Plan provides five-year roadmap
The 2022-2023 school year was marked by the development of the Snohomish School District Strategic Plan. This five-year roadmap brings intentionality to the everyday work of education, as it not only provides the opportunity to look forward, but also guides our steps along the way.
Through an intensive process, hundreds of students, staff, parents/guardians, and community members came together to share their voices. From their input, a 26-member Strategic Planning Committee diligently worked to draft Strategic Plan framework elements including the district mission statement, vision statement, core values and our ongoing commitments to our students, staff, families, and community. They based their work in the traditions of Snohomish and coupled that with a shared vision for our future.
Driven by the Action Plan which puts the Strategic Plan into motion, this document is meant to be a guiding document. Its power lies in three key components.
- Strategic Plan – This central document includes the district mission statement, vision statement, core values, and our ongoing commitments (Teaching & Learning Excellence, Family & Community Engagement, Student & Staff Well-Being, and Resource Management).
- Action Plan - These are the achievable goals that, as the name implies, put action to the Strategic Plan.
- Reports provided to the Board of Directors - It is through providing these reports on project status and planned work ahead that we hold ourselves accountable and are able to adjust and meet the needs of our students.
The Strategic Plan is exciting as it allows us to share our vision with our community. This vision will bring together a partnership with our community, families, staff, and students. It will guide our steps, determine best use of resources, and place student learning on the forefront.
I look forward to sharing our progress with you and partnering with you along the way. Together, each of us plays a critical role in helping ensure that “every student thrives.”
Learn more at www.sno.wednet.edu/strategicplan.