Members of the Snohomish Lions Club recently presented the district with a second Spot Vision Screener. These devices, which cost about $7,000 each, are essential to school nurses who use them to screen students, monitor on-going vision concerns presented by staff and families, and provide data for evaluations.
In addition to the donation of Spot Vision Screeners for our district, the Snohomish Lions Club also:
- Provides every district 3rd grader with a new dictionary.
- Recently helped fund the new playground equipment and installation at Emerson Elementary.
- Recognizes district senior students at their annual Top Scholar Banquet.
- Annually funds $6,000 in scholarships to high school seniors.
- Conducts annual screenings of students for good vision. In partnership with Dr. Anup Deol at the Eyecare Center of Snohomish and the Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation of Snohomish County, they help schedule free eye exams and get needed eyeglasses to those in need of financial assistance living within the Snohomish School District boundaries.
- Helps defray most of the costs for a hearing exam and hearing aids needed to hear clearly for those in need of financial assistance living within the Snohomish School District boundaries. This is done in partnership with the Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation of Snohomish County.
- Maintains several collection boxes at various Snohomish locations where people can drop off prescription eyeglasses, readers or hearing aids for recycling - Snohomish Senior Center (on fireplace hearth in foyer; Snohomish Boys & Girls Club (in foyer); Haggen Food and Pharmacy (in pharmacy area); Eyecare Center of Snohomish (Dr. Anup Deol’s office); Bartell Drugs (behind prescription desk - bring items in a clean bag); and Riverview Elementary, Centennial Middle School, Snohomish High School (main offices).
Learn more about or get involved with the Snohomish Lions Club visit www.snohomishlions.org. Thank you Snohomish Lions Club! We are so appreciative of your community partnership!