COVID-19 (March-June 2020)
- Hello ID
Access to Learning
- Access to Learning - Centennial Middle School (Week of March 23)
- Access to Learning - Elementary (Weeks of March 23 and March 30)
- Access to Learning - Valley View Middle School (Week of April 6)
- Access to Learning - Valley View Middle School (Week of March 23)
- Access to Learning - Valley View Middle School (Week of March 30)
- Home Learning Activities & Resources
- Setting up Zoom and Meeting Information for Students
- Student Online Resources
- Tips for Parents and Guardians on How to Support Learning from Home
- Computer/laptop device info
- COVID-19 Links & Resources
- COVID-19 Updates & Communication Archive
- Meals & Kids' Cafe (COVID-19)
OSPI COVID-19 Guidance & Resources
- April 21, 2020 - Supt. Chris Reykdal Explains Student Learning & Grading Policy
- April 17, 2020 - Supt. Reykdal Addresses Grading & Supports for Students with Disabilities
- April 9, 2020 - Educator Q&A with Superintendent Chris Reykdal During COVID-19 School Closures
- Aoril 3, 2020 - Q&A with Superintendent Chris Reykdal During COVID-19 School Closures
- March 27, 2020 - Message from State Superintendent Chris Reykdal During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- OSPI COVID-19 Guidance & Resources
- OSPI Resources for Continuous Learning During School Closures
- OSPI Resources to Support Student Well-Being & School Safety
- Staff COVID-19 Resources & Information
- Staff Directory
- Translation Help (website)
March 16, 2020 COVID-19 Update
Thank you for your partnership and understanding as we navigate the COVID-19 situation together. Below is information you may find useful this week.
During this first week of the state-mandated district closure, Kids’ Café mobile food service is providing free sack breakfasts and lunches for those who need them Monday through Friday at the following locations and times:
- Boys & Girls Club - 10:30-10:55 a.m.
- Snohomish Aquatic Center - 11-11:25 a.m.
- Emerson Elementary - 11:30-11:55 a.m.
- Snohomish High School – Noon-12:25 p.m. (truck will be at front entrance to school in the south parking lot)
- Circle H Mobile Home Park - 12:40-1 p.m.
- 3 Rivers Mobile Home Park - 11:15-11:45 a.m.
- Valley View Middle School - Noon-12:30 p.m.
Breakfast delivery service will begin on Tuesday, March 17. At daily delivery, a student will get 2 sack meals - a lunch for the current day and a breakfast to save for the next.
Please also be aware we will likely be adjusting our breakfast/lunch delivery schedule and locations that would take effect on Monday, March 23. We will be communicating those changes to our families later this week.
Our district has partnered with the Snohomish Boys and Girls Club (childcare available 6 a.m.-6:30 p.m.) and the Mill Creek Family Branch-YMCA (childcare available 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.) to provide child care for our district first responders and health care workers who need child care.
- Stop by the Snohomish Boys and Girls Club (402 2nd Street in Snohomish) to register your child. Childcare to be provided at the Snohomish Boys and Girls Club as well as Cascade View Elementary (2401 Park Avenue in Snohomish). Additional sites will be added if enrollment increases.
- Click here to register online for childcare at the Mill Creek Family Branch-YMCA. Childcare to be provided at the Mill Creek Family Branch-YMCA (13723 Puget Park Drive in Everett) as well as Totem Falls Elementary (14211 Sno-Cascade Drive in Snohomish). Child care at Totem Falls Elementary to likely begin on Wednesday, March 18. Additional sites will be added if enrollment increases.
In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 within our community, all Snohomish School District schools and buildings are closed to the public. This closure will be effective today (March 16) until further notice. Each facility has posted a sign designating the closure, along with a phone number for contact. This phone number allows the ability for the public to still be in contact with the school should they need to enter.
Access to learning
The state has noted that the district’s priority this first week of the closure is feeding kids, providing childcare options for our district first responders and health care providers, and discussing plans for access to learning. Access to learning is being redefined daily as we receive guidance from the state. Following that guidance, our administrative team is actively planning and preparing for what the next six weeks will look like. We plan to have more information regarding student engagement and learning support for you next week.
Suspended operations through Friday, April 24
In accordance with Governor Jay Inslee’s emergency proclamations regarding public gatherings, schools and public spaces:
- All operations at the Snohomish Aquatic Center have been suspended.
- All middle and high school athletic practices and competitions have been suspended.
- All outside facility rentals (including outdoor fields) has been suspended.
How to reach us
Please use our special email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to send your COVID-19 questions and comments, and visit our district COVID-19 webpage at www.sno.wednet.edu/coronavirus for resources and new information.