COVID-19 (March-June 2020)
- Hello ID
Access to Learning
- Access to Learning - Centennial Middle School (Week of March 23)
- Access to Learning - Elementary (Weeks of March 23 and March 30)
- Access to Learning - Valley View Middle School (Week of April 6)
- Access to Learning - Valley View Middle School (Week of March 23)
- Access to Learning - Valley View Middle School (Week of March 30)
- Home Learning Activities & Resources
- Setting up Zoom and Meeting Information for Students
- Student Online Resources
- Tips for Parents and Guardians on How to Support Learning from Home
- Computer/laptop device info
- COVID-19 Links & Resources
- COVID-19 Updates & Communication Archive
- Meals & Kids' Cafe (COVID-19)
OSPI COVID-19 Guidance & Resources
- April 21, 2020 - Supt. Chris Reykdal Explains Student Learning & Grading Policy
- April 17, 2020 - Supt. Reykdal Addresses Grading & Supports for Students with Disabilities
- April 9, 2020 - Educator Q&A with Superintendent Chris Reykdal During COVID-19 School Closures
- Aoril 3, 2020 - Q&A with Superintendent Chris Reykdal During COVID-19 School Closures
- March 27, 2020 - Message from State Superintendent Chris Reykdal During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- OSPI COVID-19 Guidance & Resources
- OSPI Resources for Continuous Learning During School Closures
- OSPI Resources to Support Student Well-Being & School Safety
- Staff COVID-19 Resources & Information
- Staff Directory
- Translation Help (website)
March 27, 2020 COVID-19 Update
District families – Below is some important information we would like to share as we head into the weekend. As always, please stay safe.
Snohomish County Press Briefing - Earlier today, Superintendent Kultgen was one of three speakers in Snohomish County’s March 27 Press Briefing. He appeared alongside Snohomish County Executive Dave Somers and Snohomish Health District Chief Health Officer Dr. Chris Spitters.
- To watch this press briefing, please click here.
- To read Superintendent Kultgen’s remarks from that press briefing, please click here.
Important District Communication - On Monday, March 30, please watch for an important communication from our district regarding our district’s plans for student access to learning moving forward. That message will be sent through email and phone.
Parent/Guardian-Teacher Conferences - Our traditional face-to-face conferences preplanned for next week with students and families will not be scheduled at this time. Throughout all of next week, we encourage ongoing conversations between educators and our students and families as they have been. Teachers can best be reached by email. In your communications with teachers, please feel free let your students’ teachers know the best ways to reach you and your student.
Graduation - We are continuing to get further guidance from the state on how to ensure our seniors fulfill their requirements. That said, please know we are fully committed to making sure our seniors graduate and to removing obstacles. You will be learning more about this in the coming weeks.
Spring Break (April 6-13) - During the week of March 30 through April 3, our teachers and staff will communicate educational opportunities through April 10 so that students and families have the opportunity to continue learning and access throughout the week of Spring Break. After Spring Break, we are working so that our students and families can begin the process to access new learning. Please know that during Spring Break, our response to your individual questions and concerns may be delayed. During Spring Break, we will be continuing our efforts to feed kids and provide child care to our community’s health care providers and first responders.
- Kids’ Café - Our Kids’ Café mobile food service is providing free sack breakfasts and lunches for ANY child age 0-18. The meals are free. Students must be present. No ID or other information is needed. Click here visit the food service delivery schedule.
- Child care - Our district has partnered with the Snohomish Boys and Girls Club (childcare available 6 a.m.-6:30 p.m.) and the Mill Creek Family Branch-YMCA (childcare available 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.) to provide child care for our district first responders and health care workers who need child care. Click here to learn more about child care possibilities.
Device Student/Family Support – This week more than 1,000 computers/laptops and other devices were distributed to our students and their families. We’re planning another distribution of those devices for Wednesday, April 1. We are working on the exact locations and times of that distribution event and will communicate the details of that event to our families as soon as we are able.
- Computer/laptop requests
In order to better engage in learning while at home, it may be useful for Snohomish School District students to have a computer/laptop and internet access. If any student does not have access to a computer/laptop or an internet connection at home, please complete one of the form links below. A separate form will need to be completed for each student in a family. Please note that due to the district's limited number of devices, the district's priority for distribution is for students and families who do not have devices or access to the internet.
- Click here to access the student request form (English)
- Click here to access the student request form (Spanish)
- Click here to access the staff request form
- Can't access the form? Call 360-563-3000 (English) or (360) 563-7290 (Spanish) between 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Student phone support - We have a dedicated phone line for student/family computer/laptop support for district-issued devices. Students and families can call 360-563-3000 from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for live technical support.
- Passwords –
- Elementary passwords - Elementary student passwords are the student’s ID (minus the 0).
- Middle and high school student passwords - Middle and high school student passwords are set individually by students. Use the same passwords as would be used if using devices in our schools/buildings. If a password reset is still needed, please call 360-563-3000 from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Canvas access - Students should access their Canvas through HelloID and should click on the Canvas icon through that portal.
- Skyward/Family Access – Students, parents and families can access Skyward/Family Access by clicking here. Please note that student and parent/guardian user names and passwords are different.
Translations – Please note that our district and school websites are all able to be translated into many languages. To access the translation tool, please click here for a quick reference handout.
More information - Please continue to visit our district COVID-19 webpage at www.sno.wednet.edu/coronavirus for resources and new information. Topic specific links are located below: