June 18 - Graduation Production Date Details
Finally, we get to celebrate your graduation! This is the first time we have hired a production company to create our graduation event. We are looking forward to celebrating you and are pleased to invite your family to witness you crossing the stage while they observe from the vehicle. The guidelines we are working within are stringent and detailed leading us to ask for your assistance so we can remain in compliance.
- Beginning immediately, graduates will use the following link to sign up for their Graduation Production Day arrival time. https://signup.com/go/oFWARvM This will allow for 7 graduates to arrive every 5 minutes in their vehicles. At the end of the Sign-up, you will find a place to write your name in a way that will help us correctly pronounce commonly mispronounced names.
- You may want to organize with friends to sign up in a similar time frame. An FM radio transmitter will be used to broadcast (within the GPHS parking lot) the reading of graduate names. This will allow you and your family to hear the names being read prior to (and during) your turn to walk across the stage.
- The graduate should ride in the front passenger seat as the graduate is the only person who will exit the vehicle.
- At your scheduled time on Thursday, June 18, you will enter the upper GPHS entrance on Grizzly Way (144th Place SE). Once in the GPHS driveway, turn into the first parking lot to your right. A 2020 Commencement Program and additional directions will be given to you there.
- One vehicle per graduate unless the student has a second family listed in our Skyward school data management program. (i.e. Mom and Dad live in separate residences). In this case, a second vehicle may enter the GPHS parking lot following the graduate’s vehicle.
- Please understand, we need families to ride normally in their vehicles. No RVs, trailers, or people riding in the bed of a pick-up etc. Thank you in advance for helping us provide this opportunity for graduates and families by not pushing this boundary.
- When you arrive to the “On Deck” location (meaning you are the next student to cross the stage) you will be invited to exit your vehicle and stand near the stage. The stage will be positioned under a 30-foot by 50-foot reception-style tent near the outside gym doors. Our large Glacier Peak banner (that normally hangs in the Commons) will be our backdrop with beautiful flowers and decorations on our memorable graduation stage.
- You will receive a diploma cover and when you hear your name you will cross to the center stage. You will pause at the center stage for a graduation picture to be taken with your diploma cover visibly in your hand. Then you will exit the stage on the opposite side you entered.
- Once off the stage, you will walk toward the tennis courts for another picture, throwing your graduation hat in the air. In our graduation video, all of the graduate pictures of the throwing of the hats will be played in rapid succession to conclude our graduation ceremony.
- Your family will drive the car to the parking lot adjacent to the tennis courts while your hat – throwing picture is being taken. You will then re-enter your vehicle and exit the parking lot.
- Superintendent Dr. Kultgen, Mr. Larson, Senior Class Officers (AJ Ammons, Alaina Bol, Gracey Edwards and James George), student speakers (Phoebe Schultz and Jack Purcell) along with the presentation of the U.S. Flag by the JROTC, Valedictorians and previously recorded music from both the GP Choir and Band will all be incorporated in this momentous event. The video and your pictures taken during this event (from center stage and during the hat throw) will be accessible digitally (free of charge) following the video release date which will be on or before July 2.
- Graduates who do not sign up for an arrival time (see link above) by June 11 at 11 a.m. will be called until we confirm their anticipated attendance.
- If you are unable to attend due to transportation limitations, please email Mr. Peters (email@example.com) as soon as possible. We will find a way to facilitate your attendance.
- If you are unable to attend for other reasons, we invite you to email Mr. Peters (firstname.lastname@example.org) 1) a picture of you wearing your cap and gown and 2) a picture of you throwing your hat in the air for us to include in the graduation video. If your name may be a challenge to pronounce correctly, please include a phonetic spelling (for example, Kari may be written “Care – E”) so we can honor you by saying your name correctly. Please submit these pictures by Monday, June 15, 2020.
- Back to the first bullet point, schedule your arrival time for your graduation recording on https://signup.com/go/oFWARvM