- Snohomish School District
District #4 board opening
The Snohomish School District has a Board Director opening for District #4. This position was created when the Board accepted the resignation of Director Brandy Hekker. The process for filling this position follows all state statutes and Board Policy #1114 and Procedure #1114P. The following is a tentative timeline for this process. Interested people should check the school district website regularly for updates.
- June 22, 2022: Snohomish School Board meeting. The Board officially accepted Director Hekker’s resignation effective July 28, 2022.
- July 27, 2022: Applications for the District 4 Director position are available via the Snohomish School District website or at the Snohomish School District Resource Service Center at 1601 Avenue D in Snohomish.
- July 28, 2022: Official last day for Director Hekker.
- August 9, 2022: Applications may be mailed or dropped off in person to the address below or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.They must be received by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, August 9, at the Snohomish School District Resource Center at 1601 Avenue D in Snohomish
- August 10, 2022: At the regular Snohomish School Board meeting, all applicants will be announced. If more than five applicants are received, the Board may screen down to five.
- August 15-19, 2022: The Snohomish School Board will conduct candidate interviews.
- August 22, 2022: Candidates will be notified of the outcome of the interviews.
- August 24, 2022: At the Snohomish School Board meeting, the successful candidate will take the oath of office and will officially assume the duties of the District 4 Director.
- The successful candidate’s term will end December 2023. If the candidate chooses, they may file in May 2023 to run for a four-year term in the November 2023 election.
Candidates must live within the District 4 region. The map can be found on the district website by clicking on Director District #4. All are encouraged to call the superintendent’s executive assistant, Kim Radek, at 360-563-7280, to confirm their address is within District 4.
Candidates must be a registered voter.
All interested community members will be provided a summary of the Director’s responsibilities.
As part of the application process, all candidates will be asked to provide a statement about their interest in being a Board member.
All interested community members are invited to attend the July 27 or August 10 Board meeting to observe the operations of the Board.
All interested community members are encouraged to meet with the superintendent for a detailed conversation about the position.