Welcome to Transportation
Transportation is part of the district’s Business Services Department and is located at 4605 Bickford Avenue in Snohomish. Transportation is responsible for developing student bus routes and schedules.
Please note that posted bus routes and pick-up and drop-off times are approximate. Please remember that traffic, weather and other unforeseen circumstances may cause some routes to be early or delayed. It is recommended that parents and students arrive at their bus stops at least five (5) minutes prior to the published times.
It is our district’s practice that kindergarteners will not be let off the bus unless the student’s parent (or designated adult) is at the bus stop at the time of student drop-off. Kindergarteners whose parent is not at the bus stop will be returned to the student’s elementary school where the parent (or emergency contact) will be called for student pick-up.
Did you know?
- Our school district covers an area of 128 square miles.
- District school buses travel 1,067,845 miles per year. Of that:
- 1,006,068 is to and from transportation.
- 61,777 are miles for school field trips.
- About 8,600 students are transported to and from school every day.
- There are 90 district bus routes.
- All buses are equipped with GPS tracking and have at least one camera installed. In most cases, buses have two or more cameras installed.
- The district employs 64 drivers, four mechanics, five office staff/routers and 20 substitute/field trip drivers.